Chapter 1 ~ A Roll of the dice

A/N 105 views!! Please do vote and write down your thoughts/suggestions.
Happy reading!!
*
*

A/N:
Background: Priyanka's husband died in a plane crash and Priyanka was pregnant. So her friends, Ahant and Isha, helped her sail through her pregnancy. Isha is currently purchasing her degree in fashion designing while Ahant leads AM Design,Australia. The trio lived in Ahant's apartment in support of pregnant Priyanka.

Isha's POV

"We couldn't save her."

The next morning, Ahant and I found ourselves at the familiar iron gate and stone arches with baby carrier. The wind is mild and thankfully the one-day old has decided to retrieve us from her crying miseries. Just two months, we had buried her father who died in a plane crash.However,this visit was different from any other visit they had paid to the cemetery before as now we are here to bury her mother who passed away in labor. This one-day old baby maybe have her biological parents but Ahant and I are there for her. Perhaps, the keyword being forced to be there for baby Tara according to our mutual best friend, Priyanka 's documents she left behind.

In the event of my death, my child shall not go to the custody of the state and neither to the relatives of husband or mine. Instead, my child should be under the care of my husband's business partner , Ahant Malhotra and my best friend, Isha Kapoor.

Never in my wildest thought had I thought myself to be a mother at the age of 23 with my final examinations right around the corner and my graduation in a month. And worst, married to Mr. Ahant Malhotra, the last person on earth I wished to live with.

Ahant's POV

'I am in labor.'

Just yesterday, this text message from Priyanka had me sprinting from some god forbidden meeting. That's definitely the moment I will never forget. That moment of joy when I saw seven pounds of Tara come into this world. My beautiful goddaughter.

"We couldn't save her."

Priyanka had appointed Isha and I as the godparents to Tara even before this miracle was born and in the event of her death, Tara's custody goes to us

Priyanka had appointed Isha and I as the godparents to Tara even before this miracle was born and in the event of her death, Tara's custody goes to us. And that's exactly what happened as we stand in front of Priyanka's tombstone with fresh flowers lying on it. Me and Isha. Honestly, what was she even thinking? I used to blame her pregnancy brain for making such a stupid will and now there's no one to blame. Priyanka has passed away after giving birth of Tara. I don't know whether to feel strong for Tara or cry.

We had to get married to adopt Tara, although we both were very hesitant about the prospect of marriage since Isha thinks that she is incapable of love after her father's accident and I personally find the institute of marriage to be lame.

A smart part of me felt relief that at least the apartment was baby proof and had a furnished nursery. If someone told me that I would be a father to the cutest baby in the world at the age of 27 and married to the most annoying person on this planet, I would probably laugh at those words. I called my secretary Aman to appoint a full-time stay-at-a-home baby sitter for my baby.

Returning back from the funeral, all I could ever think of was a warm shower and that amazing smell from the Chinese takeout. After a warm shower, I watch Isha play with our daughter while changing her diaper. Our daughter.

As much as I wish to settle our daughter to her new home and set up a schedule, I won't watch Isha to miss our her college so we decided that I would take a couple of days off work unless work demanded me to be present in the office.

Call it the perks of running your company. I am glad that Isha will work at the same company. Not technically, for me though. Actually, Isha worked as an intern at AM Designs and seeing her fresh and innovative designs, she bagged a job even before she graduated. I may have had done something for that but no one needs to know that. Hehe.

Character sketch

Kapoor - Female lead & her family members:

Isha Kapoor:
Fashion designer at AM Designs(fashion house);
Married to Ahant; Mother to Tara
Finished her masters in fashion technology.
Also, diabetic and has a phobia of darkness (will be revealed later)

Her parents:Died in an car accident. Isha was the only survivor. Isha's parents married each other much to their family's opposition. Thinking that Isha caused their death and brought bad luck to them, Isha's grandparents left her to an orphanage.

Malhotra - Male lead & his family:

Ahant Malhotra:Owner & Head of AM Designs(fashion house)
Married to Isha (his family doesn't know about it yet)
Father to Tara

Anjali:Ahant's elder sister

Married to Dhruv - her college sweetheart.

Lawyer by profession - handling AM's legal team

Dhruv:

Married to Anjali - his college sweetheart.

Lawyer by profession

Ahant and Anjali's parents:
His mother passed away when Ahant was 11 years old, due to cancer.
His father, deeply affected by her death, took comfort in alcohol and passed away when Ahant was 19, due to liver failure.

Akash:Cousin to Anjali & Ahant
Doctor by profession

Nk:Akashi's younger brother
Fashion photographer at AM Designs

Mami: Akash's mother
Nani: Ahant, Anjali, Nk & Akash's grandmother

Priyanka's side
Akshay:Ahant's business partner and have been friends since business school.

Priyanka:Akshay's wife. They had a love marriage and their parents were happy about it.So, the couple moved to Australia. Also, Tara's mother. Died due to complications in birth leaving Tara to custody of Ahant & Isha.

Tara: the cutest infant (right now in the story). Living with her adoptive parents - Isha & Ahant (full parental custody)

Other characters
Hema Patel: baby sitter for Tara in Australia.

Aman: Ahant's PA

*
*
*

A/N:

Open for any suggestions on scenes or moments you wish to see in the book.
Please leave a comment or drop a chat.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

The story is fictional so obviously, I have taken some creative liberty. These adoption scenarios may not be as simple in real life.

1028 words! Hope you liked the story so far. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts as comments. Happy reading.