Chapter 10 ~ The birthday he didn't want

A/N 2

A/N
2.4K views!! Woahhhh!!

Thank you for taking the time for reading my story.

Thank you everyone for your votes and comments.

Shout out to below readers for voting:
Arshi0099
Coolandsmartgirl95
Shasseim
Desoman
Reemarohra
Sangeethbala
AartiNaidu
Pandapriya2798
AK8029
User44828241
Paianjalir
Ocean_of_happiness
Het299
Pandapriya2798
Kamaliasm
Jaykrishnasamy
Shasseim
Appudas
ReemaRohra

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the comments.

I'm not a doctor. All medical-related scenes are a product of my imagination.

A/N 3633 words!

*

*

(Now back to the story!)

Akash's POV
Khushi bhabhi is finally off her isolation routine. We will be keeping her in the hospital for another 5 days to monitor. Bhai (Arnav) has already asked me to hire a temporary stay at home nurse for once bhabhi gets discharged.

Anjali's POV
I found myself in deep discussion with Nani, regarding her favourite daughter-in-law.
Anjali - "I found a way to adopt Tara without the whole marriage cause for Arnav."
Although I felt guilty for hurting Arnav and Khushi in the past week, I wanted to be sure that my brother was not trapped in his marriage. So, I spent ways trying to help him get out of his marriage.
Nani - "I know that you were fighting with your brother since the day of the pooja. Although I didn't want to get in between the two of us, I can tell that it was serious. Also,what makes you think that he doesn't want this marriage? I clearly asked you to give her a chance. Your brother clearly loves his wife, whether he likes to admit it or not."
Nani does have a fair point. I was so busy thinking that Arnav was trapped with his marriage. But, he never said or even hinted about it. He was all in favour for his marriage and wanted it to work out. He wants his marriage!! I realise now. But, the lawyer in me tried to explain his reasons.
Anjali -
"A. He didnt want to get married when you had asked him to
B. He was forced to get married to obtain custody of Isha. For these two reasons..because he felt that he owed it to akshay and because Tara now is legally shares of both her parents, which is significant percent."

Nani, with hint of irritation- "You should leave your lawyer brain at office and think like his sister.
Tell me something. Honestly. Who is the more manipulative out of the two of you?"
Without the moment of thought, I answered her- "Arnav"

Nani -"Do you really think that he will be manipulated to getting married, especially when he was against marriage in the first place??"
Anjali -"But.."
Nani - "Let me finish, Anjali !!"
Nani was pissed.
Nani -" You would have definitely seen your brother the past week. Taking care of Khushi that I sometimes wonder it's my same grandson. You have seen how worried and lost he was on the first day when Khushi was hospitalized. I have never seen him so lost and heartbroken. So mad and angry at what happened with Khushi betiya"