6. escaping

The next thing the group of boys knew, they were being led out of the cafeteria and in the direction of their dorm.

When the door to the room opened up, all of them being shove inside until the door is closed, clicking it, locking them inside. Moving their gazes from the door, the groups all eyed Thomas, annoyed and confused.

"What the hell was that about?" asked Minho. "You didn't really think they're gonna let you through?" Newt added in question.

"No, of course I didn't." Thomas responded, digging his hand inside his pocket before holding up a key card, making they all sighed and looked away.

"Look, Thomas, whoever had been saying to you, or whomever you had planning this plan with, they– they're just trying to get into your head." Newt reassured.

"No, well, They are trying to help us. And I'm trying to help them, Newt. They said that– they're hiding something. Okay? These people are not what they say they are!" Thomas remarked, they: referring to the four girls and one boy.

He tried to ignore the confusion and annoyance from the other boys, as he holds up the card for them to see.

He doesn't say anything, as he simply glanced at Newt and Minho again, and then he looked at the ceiling for a few seconds.

"Why would they be wanting to help us though?" Minho asked, sounding a bit confused and uncertain. "Why do they care about us? What can they get out of it?"

Thomas looked at Minho and Newt again, and then he replies, "Just trust me on this."

"Oh, so just because these kids drag you out and explain some shit to brainstorm you, you just trust them?" Newt asked, his voice slightly raising. Thomas shakes his head, "They trust me, Newt. I trust them."

Thomas remains silent for a few seconds as he stares at Newt. He takes a moment to think about what Newt is saying, and in his mind he can't help but wonder if those girls and Aris are trying to manipulate and use him.

"Fine, even if you don't trust them then at least trust me." Thomas replied, feeling a bit more annoyed now.

"Something is going on inside this building and it is definitely wrong, and I think they know something that can potentially help us." He adds, sounding a bit more serious and cautious now.

"You don't even know them?" Newt scoffed in disbelief. The names are so unfamiliar to the group.

"I know, but they seem different," 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦. Thomas replied, he wanted to add the last bit but he wanted to watch Newt's reaction first, trying to understand if he believes him or not. "Just at least listen to me, alright?" He added.

The boy is still feeling annoyed and confused as to why Newt still doesn't trust him or the girls and Aris. "Why are you not understanding this?" He asks.

Newt stayed silent. "Well, they're gonna help us, Newt. They're gonna help us." Thomas sighs, "Now please, I have to go and check it out with them before it's too late." Thomas moves back, ready to crouch down.

Newt shakes his head, "No Thomas, you don't know that! The only thing that we do know is that they helped us rescue from WICKED. They gave us proper clothes, they gave us food. They gave us proper bed!"

Thomas stays silent for a few seconds, as he stares at Newt. At this point, the boy is getting a bit irritated and annoyed with Newt.

"Newt, I know you don't agree with me, but that's okay." He replied, trying to keep his tone as calm and relaxed as possible. "Just, please let me do this, it's what I believe is best." He adds, feeling a bit hesitant and unsure of himself.