45. please don't be in love with someone else

Currently, Nancy, Thomas, Newt and Gally were in the sewers. After having a small agreement with Lawrence about Newt coming, he'd agreed surprisingly. And now, Gally were leading them towards the city through the disgusting sewers.

"I'm glad Bea didn't come along. This is gross. She would make comments about something God knows what." Newt snickers before grimacing.

"What in the name of ironic.." Nancy, too muttered to herself, face twisting in disgust.

"Yeah, this is great." Thomas comments sarcastically.

Gally only roll his eyes at their complains, walking forwards to what look like a dark tunnel. He turns on his light, flashing it towards the small tunnel. "What's that?" Newt questions.

Gally paused, turning to look at Nancy and Newt only, not that he's afraid of Thomas, he's afraid of Thomas 𝘯𝘰𝘵 trusting him. "Wait here, I'll be right back." Gally said, readying to step foot in the tunnel when Nancy interfere, "I'll come with you." She said, completely unbothered, only wanting to help Gally looking on what on the other side.

Gally stops, standing still as he watched Thomas objects immediately, "Nancy, no. It's not safe..." Thomas said, shaking his head. Nancy raised her eyebrows, "We'll never know... But, I'm still going to help him looks over what's on the other side. Unless either of you wants to?" She teased, tilting her head.

Newt stared dumbly at his twin, while Thomas clenched his jaw, "I'm going." Nancy confirms, nodding at Gally before taking her torchlight out. "If you.." Thomas steps forward threateningly, once he sees Nancy face her back towards them. Before Thomas could do anything, Nancy turns around, eyes bored into Thomas' ones.

Thomas cleared his throat, looking away while still held an annoyance look. "Take care of her, mate." Newt said, looking at Gally who nodded. "Sure.." Gally replies, before him and Nancy disappeared into the dark, small tunnel.

"I'll see what they're doing." Thomas said, walking past Newt and steps over the end of the sewer.

His footsteps splash against the water as he looks to see Nancy' and Gally's torchlights flashing around as they walked, still visible to the two boys. Seeing she's safe, Thomas looks around the sewer, before meeting Newt's eyes. "You think we should trust him?" He shrugged, "After everything he's done?"

Newt blinked, licking his lips. "Well, what other choice do we have? I know this maybe hard for you to believe but," He paused for a second, "There was a time when Gally was a true friend of mine."

The two stared at eachother in silence when they heard Gally spoke the same time Nancy tugs Thomas' arm. "Hey, let's be quick," Newt and Thomas heard Gally spoke, seeing Nancy's standing while Gally's crouched down. "Let's move." He said, eyeing the two boys, before nodding at Nancy. "C'mon," Nancy urged softly, pulling Newt and Thomas to crouched down as they crawled into the dark, small tunnel.

After a small moment of crawling, Gally's taken the lead, Nancy's infront of Thomas while Newt's in the back. "Alright, this way." Gally said, turning to the left. They stopped at the end of the crawling area, now stopping at God knows where, Thomas looks at Nancy with confusion, but the blonde girl just nodded towards the front while rolling her eyes.

A loud machine, sounding like train shaking the area, filling their surroundings and eardrums loudly. Thomas and Newt look around in confusion, turning to watched Nancy staring up ahead like she's been in this tunnel for a long time. The train engine sounding clear and more clear the seconds passed. Hearing the engine visible, a train came to the view, passing the boys and Nancy in a zooming speed.

Curiously, Nancy, Thomas and Newt leaned forward more, eyes not leaving the train as winds from the force impact blew in their faces. "Okay, we have to be quick about this!" Gally shouted over the loud train noise, "we don't have a lot of time! Stay around me, okay?" Gally exclaims.