12. Home

~ 3 months later: Canterlot Hospital ~

It was Lightning's last day in the hospital, hopefully for the rest of her life. It was a miserable experience, to say the least. Her friends had visited once or twice, but they had quite a lot going on, since graduation was coming up soon. Unfortunately, she wouldn't be graduating this year.

She was finally able to walk around, and was excited to get home. Just as she was going out the door into the hallway, she saw her best friends, smiling when Minty hugged her gently.

"Hey, Dusty," Frosty greeted her. "Heard you were getting out today."

"Yeah, I can't wait," Lightning replied.

"So, you up for doing something today?" Minty asked excitedly. "We went to the adventure park yesterday."

"You must be her friends," Lightning's doctor came up to them. "She still has a long recovery, and she won't be doing any physical activities for a few more months."

"Oh, come on," Lightning sighed.

"And definitely no skydiving," he continued.

"We'll see about that," she said.

"No, we won't!" her dad spoke up, coming out of the room with her things. "What if this happens again? You were lucky to survive it."

"Oh, so you don't wanna do anything?" Minty asked. "Okay, we'll see you later." She looked at Frosty, and then they quickly headed for the doors.

"They don't seem very supportive," her dad commented.

"That would be the first time they've come to see me in weeks," Lightning said. "And they only call every few days. Don't know what I'm gonna do now, I won't be accepted into the Airforce flight school till I'm fully recovered and have graduated."

"It's going to be a while," the doctor said.

"Yeah, great," she replied sarcastically.

"Come on, let's go to the car," her dad said. "Can you walk all the way?"

"Yeah, I can," she said, for what must have been the 5th time that day. She would never tell anyone, but she couldn't help but feel a little hurt when her friends left. Something has changed about them since her accident, but she couldn't quite figure out what. That and the fact that her life had been set back by a year. It wouldn't stop her, though. She would finish her final year in school, and get back on track.

~.~.~.~.~.~

When they got home, Lightning stepped inside and took in the feelings of being back home. It looked exactly like when she had left.

"I feels so good to be here," she said, going into the kitchen. "I'm absolutely starving."

"You ate at the hospital," her dad said, following her in.

"Hospital food is the worst," she replied as she looked around in the pantry, frowning when she didn't see anything. "Would you be up for pizza?"

"I'm up for anything," her dad responded. "That actually sounds great."

~.~.~.~.~.~

About 2 hours later at bedtime, Lightning and her dad were walking up the stairs to her bedroom. She was more tired than she realized, and hadn't been on any type of staircase for months now.

"I left your room just like it was," her dad said. "I mean, I cleaned it up, but it all looks exactly the same. Go get some sleep." As they reached the top of the staircase, her remembered to tell her something. "Watch your step- oh!" Lightning's foot caught on the last step, but he caught her before she could fall.

Lightning laughed. "Uh...forgot that one was bigger." She opened the door and stepped into her room, barely looking around before she collapsed on her bed. Experiences like this really made her appreciate the little things.

Her dad smiled and closed the door behind her. "Goodnight."

~.~.~.~.~.~

It had been 3 days since Lightning got home, and she honestly wished it had been 3 months already. Minty and Frosty were going to be graduating the next week, and even if they did have any free time, she was restricted from doing any physical activities. She figured 2 months would be close enough, but that was still far away.

She went on her computer to watch some of the old To the Extreme vlogs with her friends, but she was surprised to see that a new live video had been started just 5 minutes ago. She opened it and saw Minty and Frosty, recording themselves in some park by the forest.

"Hey, guys! Minty and Frosty here," Minty happily said to the camera. "Today, we're gonna be climbing trees and exploring forests outside the local park. We can't wait to show you what we find."

"And to reply to your comments," Frosty spoke up. "Yes, Dusty is fine. She has just decided to leave our group, as she's not interested in extreme sports or adventures anymore. It's alright though, we will have lots of fun with you guys for the next week. And maybe we'll get back together in the future every now and then."

Lightning slammed her computer closed. "What kind of crap is this?"

~.~.~.~.~.~

Lightning stomped down the stairs, a little too quickly. She was out of breath by the time she reached the last step.

"Hey, where are you off to?" her dad came over to her.

"Be back later," she said, heading for the door.

"Hey, hey," he stopped her. "Be careful. You can't do any physical activities, and don't run. Take it slowly-" he barely had time to finish before she took off out the door, slamming it behind her.

⚡⭐⚡⭐⚡⭐⚡⭐⚡⭐