My Savior

Why was he so warm? Why does his embrace make me want to melt?

I held back the tears that dared to fall as I gripped onto his coat.

"I'm sorry...." Vash said making me confused.

"Why are you sorry..." I said looking at him.

"Well...the one that destroyed your town...he's my brother....Knives...and I only wish that I could have stoped him" Vash said sadly.

Why was his sad face breaking my heart...

"Don't be sorry...I guess I should thank your brother then....if he didn't do what he did I would still be in that hell hole..." I said softly forgetting I was still hugging him.

"It's odd...I have never had someone care about whether I lived or died...I have been doing what I have been told...never arguing, like a puppet pulled by the puppeteer, all my actions being controlled out of fear." I said quietly gripping onto my heart.

"You have gone through so much pain...I'm sorry...from now on out...I'll make sure you forget that past...forget all those instincts that where burned into you...from now on you can live a real life." Vash said with a gentle close eyed smile.

"Thank you..." I said as the tears started rolling down my face and he pulled me into a hug.

Not long after, I fell asleep leaning against him due to exhaustion.

Vash pov

This poor girl...she really has seen hell...i understand your pain...more than you know. I thought as I pulled the girl close.

"I understand what your going through I know your pain...being left behind, betrayed, lost, and nowhere to go, I'll turn your life around...I won't let you suffer anymore" I said quietly as I watched the girl in front of me sleep.

"I never got your name did I" I said softly.

She slept so peacefully...yet so guarded.

It made me sad to see this, it only made me want to make sure she does not go through anymore pain.

Suddenly someone opened the door and I saw Meryl, Millie, and the doctor.

"VASH WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING I SWERE YOU ARE SUCH A PERV!" Meryl shouted.

I put my finger on my lips and made "shhh" noice.

"How she doing?" The doctor asked.

"She woke up...she is in bad shape in more ways then one, her mental state is shattered...if your going to do treatment make sure you do it before she wakes up" I said softly looked at the girl.

The doctor nodded and started rgebandeging her wound. 

"She should heal up in a few days" the doctor said to us.

"That's good...now then.." Meryl said as she clenched her fist and tried to punch me.

"Hayyyy...I didn't do anything!" I said as the doctor left.

"YOU ARE SUCH A PERV VASH! WHY THE HELL WHERE YOU EVEN HOLDING HER!" Meryl shouted and sent another punch but I doge.

"It's not what you think...she was crying...I was trying to comfort her but she fell asleep" I said not in the goofy mood I was before.

"She has been in so much pain...she needs comfort" I said softly.

Meryl sighed.

"All right...you win I'll let this slide, Millie and I will be down at the Saloon to eat" Meryl said.