It's the cat...?

"Now, Allegra, we are to visit the Cheshire cat!" Rabbit said.

I could tell he wasn't exactly happy about this, but I ignored it. I was excited, the Cheshire cat was my favorite. 

"Now, your mother and grandmother might not have mentioned a few things about the Cat. Probably because he never showed them..." Rabbit continued. 

"I must be special," I grinned.

The Rabbit let out a wheezy laugh, "Indeed!" and then stopped right under a tree.

He didn't say anything, so I didn't either. A few minutes later, I heard a deep, rumbling purr near my right ear, I whirled around, and my eyes grew wide.  The Cheshire cat, hovering right next to me, with his wide grin. "Hello, are you another Liddel? There's quite a few of you.." 

"I'm Alyson's daughter, nice to meet you!" I said, grinning widely. 

The cat's eye grew wide, and he nodded, still grinning. "Alyson...mm, quite the troublemaker if you ask me. But Alice was worse."

"I can't guarantee that I'm any better," I said with a sheepish smile.

"Hmm, something tells me that you're different..." He hissed thoughtfully, and then looked over to the Rabbit, "I'll take her from here."

The Rabbit's expression changed to one of shock,  "She must truly be different!"

I raised an eyebrow,  "What's this about?"

The Rabbit opened his mouth to say something, but then stopped. The Cat snickered,  "You'll see, Little Liddel."

"I have a name, It's Allegra!" I snapped, crossing my arms. "Now what's all this fuss about?"

"You can call me Chessie," He said with a mock bow in the air,  "As I said, you'll see."

The Rabbit sighed, and checked his watch- he had another one on hand just in case something like what happened before happens again- and spoke,  "Well, be careful, Chessie," He turned to me, and smiled, "It was nice to meet you, Allegra. I hope to see you again," And left quickly.

Chessie started floating towards a small clearing, obviously wanting me to follow him, and I did. Once we got there, he settled onto a smaller tree and grinned. "You must know, Allegra. There are a few things I never told nor showed your mother and grandmother."

I nodded, "Rabbit told me about that- Not what you didn't tell or show though," I added quickly.

He snickered, "Ah, warned you, didn't he?"

"I guess he did?" I muttered and gave him a small smile.

"Righto, hopefully, this will stun you," Chessie muttered, smile vanishing. 

I tilted my head, "What does the great and wonderful Chessie have to show me?"

A wide smile appeared on his face once again, and he slowly disappeared. I groaned, "Chessie, I know that you can go invisible-"

"I know you know, but do you know this?" He asked from behind the tree, and a figure stepped out. 

"Did you bring another person?" I asked, squinting.

The person stepped out of the shadows, and started snickering, "The look on your face is priceless!"

"Chessie?!

"The one and only," He grinned, yellow eyes glinting mischievously. 

"You can turn into a human?" I asked, shocked.

"Technically, I am human. I can just turn into a cat," He clarified, "But I enjoy using my cat form more. It scares the people of Wonderland."