A nonsense of a conversation

The Hatter continued eating his teacup as if he hadn't looked traumatized a moment ago. 

"Honestly," I muttered, slouching. "What's so weird about glasses and earrings?"

"It's just something we creatures of Wonderland haven't seen, in a while at least," Z explained.

Chessie seemed very interested in my glasses, and he tucked my hair behind my ears to steal them. I sputtered and stepped back. Everything became blurry. "Chessie!" I shouted, "I CAN'T SEE!" 

I heard roaring laughter come from everyone. I heard fluttering and wheezing. "Chess's eyes got a thousand times bigger!"

My imagination came up with the image, and I soon joined in on the roaring laughter. "Chessie," I gasped. "Give me my glasses!" A few seconds later, my vision cleared, and Chessie was very close. "that was an interesting experience," He purred. 

"I imagined what you looked like, it was hilarious," I snickered. He raised an eyebrow. 

"I hope I looked handsome," He said with a wink. 

"You had bug eyes, a thousand times bigger."

He sighed, and flipped upside down in the air, "Worth a try."

Elzi fluttered in place, staring at both of us. It seemed that she came to a realization of something because her eyes widened. But she didn't say anything.

The Hatter let out a loud burp. "Pardon of the beg!" He snickered. I raised an eyebrow, "Isn't it, I beg of pardon?"

He looked at me, "This is Wonderland."

ohhh, right. I suppose I should get used to this weird talking and the weird things they do here. Chessie let out a laugh and appeared next to me. "Righto. We should probably head back to the tree."

I suddenly felt very tired, "Yeah, probably should," I muttered. Right in front of the tree, Elzi pulled me away.

"Do you not think Chessie's behavior is odd?" She asked. I shook my head. "Seems normal. For a resident of Wonderland."

"Fair enough," She said quietly and waved before fluttering away. 

I wondered what else she had to say. Chessie poked his head out from the tree, "You coming?"

"Yeah!" I shouted and started climbing up.

I got into the treehouse and collapsed on a fluffy chair. "I'm tired.."

Chessie snickered and floated upside down again. "You can use the bed or couch. Or you can sleep in that chair." 

"This chair is comfy..." I yawned. Chessie smiled softly, "Sleep well, Allegra." And he left the room- probably to go to his own room.