Singing flowers...?

"There's a spot I really want to take you to," Chessie said, landing on the ground softly next to me. I tilted my head in questioning, "Hmmm?"

"But before that, you're gonna try using your powers."

I groaned and slumped my shoulders, "Do I have to?" A nod from Chessie. I muttered something under my breath.

Chessie gently held my chin so I would look at him, "I'm afraid I didn't quite catch what you said," He hissed, but his eyes glinted with mischief. 

"Nothing," I said sharply, stepping back. "You invaded my bubble. That was far too close, Cheshire."

His eyes narrowed at me not using his nickname, but the sly grin on his face stayed. "Oh well, just try."

"How?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "You can't just expect me to know right away, can you?"

"Hmm, I suppose not," He purred, and stepped towards me again, "It's quite simple really, you just have to imagine that magic releasing itself, and then imagine transforming, and boom! You're in your animal form. You can probably float, too." 

I nodded slowly, "Uh..so I just picture my so-called 'magic' releasing itself?"

He rolled his eyes and nodded, "You've got this."

I closed my eyes and imagined a box. And I imagined myself opening the box, releasing everything inside. Immediately I felt a spread of warmth. I heard Chessie's purr of approval, and then suddenly- *poof!* 

I squinted before opening my eyes completely. I looked up and saw Chessie looming over me. His eyes were wide, "A Maine Coon...? Interesting..."

I quickly looked down and saw two paws, both striped with a light blonde and a darker blonde. "Chessie. What do I look like," I demanded. 

He chuckled, "You aren't as scary when you're in cat form." I glared at him. "Fine-" a sigh. "- look." A random mirror appeared, and I looked into it. Hm. 

A very fluffy, yet tough-looking cat. A Maine Coon, as Chessie called me. I quickly changed back with a *poof* and fixed my glasses. Chessie grinned. "Now we look alike!" 

I was about to ask what he meant, but I didn't have to. He answered me, "Hm, seems like you're gonna need hep hiding your ears and tail..?"

"Yes," I muttered, crossing my arms, self-conscious. 

Once I had figured everything out, we started walking to the place Chessie wanted to show me. "We're nearly there," He sighed when I asked for the 16th time.

We stopped in front of a large garden-looking thing. My ears were met with pleasant singing. "Whose singing?" I asked looking around. 

"The flowers," Chessie mused, his ears flicking.