The Queen of Hearts

"Rabbit, is the Queen as...bloodthirsty as she was back then?" I asked slowly.

The White Rabbit's eyes widened. "Oh, oh, dearie. Please do not say that so loud, Allegra! She will behead you for saying that!"

Ah. So she hasn't changed.

"My bad.." I murmured, stopping behind the Rabbit.

"Here's the entrance," He said, grinning his buck-toothed grin as he walked through.

I walked through behind him, squinting as the light hit my face. "Jeez it's bright-"

"Welcome to the Heart Kingdom!"

A red, white, and black castle towered ahead before it an extensive maze of bush walls. Card soldiers stood next to the entrance, and the opening of the maze. The Rabbit stood before me, still grinning. "Come, come! The maze isn't as arduous as it seems! It's quite easy."

I blinked and followed him through the opening of the maze.

Right.

Left.

Straight.

Sharp left.

Wide right.

Right.

Right.

Straight.

And left.

The castle loomed over everything. Its vast towers stretched high into the sky. The large entrance doors seemed to be for an elephant.

Surely the Queen isn't an elephant?

- - - - -

Down the halls of the castle, portraits of the Queen covered every square inch of the tall walls. And out into the courtyard where there were many strange creatures of many shapes and sizes.

"The Queen is right over there," the Rabbit pointed to a large outdoor throne- why someone needed an outdoor throne, I have no idea. My eyes followed his direction and saw the Queen.

Yelling at a guest. 

"What do you mean you didn't bring those tarts?!" She yelled angrily.

I jumped, I didn't think her voice would be that loud and terrifying. "Uh, Rabbit. I don't think I should intrude on the Queen right now-"

Before I knew it I was being dragged over to the Queen by the Rabbit.

"Wha- how are you so strong??" I yelped.

The Rabbit grinned. "Wonderland thing."

"Ah," I nodded in understanding. Of course, it was.

"Your Majesty," the Rabbit bowed in front of her.

The Queen looked down at the Rabbit with annoyance. "Why have you decided to come and intrude on my yelling, Rabbit?"

"A-apologies, Majesty," Rabbit stuttered, and yanked me forward.

I yelped again and landed on my bottom on the grass. The Queen looked down at me and scrunched her nose in distaste. "Is this, the girl?" 

Rabbit nudged me.

"uh-..I'm Allegra Liddell," I said nervously.

"Your majesty," the Queen glared down at me.

I tilted my head in confusion. The Queen seemed to dislike me more and more. "You are to call me, Your Majesty, or Majesty," The Queen snapped.

"Oh- Yes, Majesty," I replied quickly. Jeez, her temper is worse than my mom's-