3: Where are you?

Y/n was done with her classes and decided to go to Miha's house to check if she's done with the prank, or so she thought.
Looking at the big ass lock, her mind had started to get worried as she and Miha never even went to a store nearby without telling each other. She dialled Miha's number again, only to find it unreachable. A pang of dread started to hit her heart as negative thoughts filled her mind. Where would have Miha been?

"I'm proud of you son! You're really my rightful heir." Kim Taeshin exclaimed after the successful one-day demo Taehyung had given to prove his hardwork. He knew that he had to join his father's company and never really thought about any dream of his.

But somewhere, somewhere he knew that his heart was always with criminal studies. Being the mystery lover he was, he had always loved spending his own brain in decoding the cases. But he knew that it wouldn't do any good to him, considering how serious his father was regarding his business. So he killed that dream before it was even born.

A week later:

Y/n had filed a police complaint regarding the missing case of Miha and her mother. She was dead worried about her best friend and wanted to get to her as soon as possible. The police were doing their investigation, to no avail and finally hit a wall. More like they weren't much interested in thoroughly investigating the case. It was as if Miha and her mother willingly went somewhere without telling anyone, or, someone smoothly wiped out their whole existence.

But, Y/n wasn't the ones to back off. She was dead determined to find her best friend.

"I'm sorry Miss Kang, but we're afraid that we have to close the case due to lack of evidence." The officer said. "But sir, nobody can vanish into thin air. This is fucking bullshit." Y/n cried in desperation. "Language, lady! We have given our best and it might be possible that they went somewhere willingly. I'm sorry but we can't provide any more help with this case." Hearing that, Y/n was almost sure that she would break that officer's head off, but she knew she had to act accordingly.

"If they can't find you, I'll do it by myself!" Y/n said, almost sweared to herself.

"Oh! Isn't it the lady from the basketball match day?" The boy exclaimed. "What are you even doing in front of a police station, Taehyung Sunbae?" Y/n asked, still agitated.

"I might or might not have heard what you were talking about inside

"I might or might not have heard what you were talking about inside." Taehyung said.
"Are you, perhaps, stalking me?" The girl said, frustrated.
"Dream high, but not high enough that'll cause you to die girl." He replied. "I had something to do inside."
True, he had come to the police station to report about the missing kid he found in his favorite park. But after seeing the girl who had somehow managed to catch his never interested eyes, he couldn't control himself but to eavesdrop at what topic she was fighting with the officer.

He understood that she was talking about the girl from the match day, for whom she fought with Ricky. And now, he was genuinely interested in knowing what had happened to her.

 And now, he was genuinely interested in knowing what had happened to her

"Now mind telling me everything?" He asked. Y/n was taken aback as to how the cold and rude almighty Kim Taehyung was talking to her, and that too by himself.
"None of your business, Sunbae." She replied quickly, as all of her focus was on Miha. "Now if you mind, I'll get going. It was nice meeting you Sunbae." She left without hearing him.

This girl is really something else. Taehyung thought in his mind. And now, I'm even more interested in knowing this case and you, Kang Y/n.

Later that day:

Later that day:

"Mom, I'm going out to look for Miha!" Y/n said in a hurried way. "Are you out of your mind? Do you really think what the police couldn't do, you will be able to do?" Her mom said. "It's atleast better than doing nothing!" She exclaimed in a desperate manner.
"You are not going anywhere! And that's final." Her mom replied, losing her calm.
"Fine!"

"I wish it was me instead of Miha." Y/n cried after coming to her room.
"No, no, no! Y/n you have to be strong. Search for Miha, even if you have to travel the whole world!"

And that marked the starting of the journey, to find her best friend.