10: Bribed

"O-Officer, you're joking right?" You asked, still in shock.

"The proof was given to you sir. It was recorded in the camera that we provided you with." Taehyung said.

"Listen here Miss. I have no time for your useless talks. I know you are still trying to reach out to your friend, but I don't think you should lose your mental health over it. You're probably hallucinating things." The officer said, cockily.

"Enough officer! You have no rights to speak about her mental health!! Besides, I was there with her when she was submitting the camera. Then most probably even I have lost my mental health?" Taehyung asked angrily.

"Whatever it is, I don't care. All I know is we don't have any sort of evidence. Now of you're done, please go. I have other worls to do." The officer said monotonously.

"I want to check the cctv footage of this station. The date should be exactly one week before." Taehyung demanded.

"And what makes you think that I'll follow your command, Mr.?" The officer asked, annoyed.

"Oh, you won't want to mess with me, officer." Taehyung said agitated.

"Oops, I'm scared." The officer laughed. "Are you gonna beat me up? Go ahead then. And after that, be ready to go behind the bars for raising hands on a police officer." The officer warned.

There was glint of anger in Taehyung's eyes which didn't take much time to turn into playfulness.

"Oh no officer! You got it all wrong. It's just that it won't take much time to snatch your job which you're so proud of, out of your hands. And then think, what will happen to you when no one else would be ready to give you a job. Even thinking about it makes me pity you." Taehyung said in a fake sad tone, with a hidden warning in it.

"Who do you think you are huh? Talking as if you have the power to do so." The officer scoffed.

"Oh sir. I'm just a nobody. But to think that my father is the owner of Kim Industries and Co., I guess he would do some favor to me, considering I'm his only child." Taehyung said smugly and gave his signature smirk.

"You mean you're the son of Kim Taeshin? You could have said that before. You wanted to see the footage, right? This way please." The officer said, scared of losing his job.

The sudden change in the officer's demeanor made you shiver in utter disgust whereas Taehyung was having a hard time controlling his laugh.

Whoever said money and power don't matter, kindly meet me personally. This officer changed his tone faster than Suga's rap damn. You thought and sighed.

You mouthed a thank you to Taehyung and gave a small smile, which he gladly returned back.

After some time:

To say that you were on the verge of bursting due to the mixture of anger, frustration and sadness would be an understatement.

The footage of that particular day was missing. Apparently, there were some technical errors due to which the cctv was cut off.

You and Taehyung weren't fools to not recognize the intentions of that officer.
He was purposely trying to pry you off.
It was as if he didn't want anyone to know about what had happened to Miha.

"That bastard! He thinks that we'll believe in his shitty lies? But we can't even do anything for now." Taehyung said, raging.

"I don't understand. How does this benefit the officer? He didn't even know Miha personally then why?" You were confused.

"It's definitely because of Jade. He has either bribed the officer or threatened him. And he definitely has the power to do that, considering he has connections with the Yakuza." Taehyung said.

"You're right. But that doesn't leave us with any option then. How is this case supposed to go further when the fucking evidence just vanished in thin air as if it was never there?" Your tone was highly laced with frustration.

Angry tears were ready to spill out of your eyes, but you didn't want to create a scene outside the police station.

"And what if I say that I got another way of dealing with it?" Taehyung said, raising an eye brow.

"What do you mean? What way? If you know something then please spill it!" You were dying to find a way out at this point.

"I'll sure do it, but it doesn't come for free." Taehyung said, smugly.

"Argh, what do you want?" You groaned and asked.

"A kiss-" Taehyung was interrupted by you saying, " Don't you dare even think of taking my advantage, you bitch!"

"-on the cheek would work, was what I was about to say, lady. I already told you before that dream high but not high enough which will cause you to die." Taehyung said, rolling his eyes.

Your cheeks reddened with embarrasment and you muttered a small sorry which was close to being inaudible.

That was a close one Kim Taehyung! I can only imagine how she would react if she got to know that I was talking about a kiss on the lips. Fuck you Taeshit! Taehyung groaned and hit his head.

"Are you sick or something?" You couldn't control yourself after seeing him hit his head yet again and asked about it.

"Huh, what do you mean?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"Nothing. Leave it. Anyways, just tell me the 'way' you were talking about." You said.

"You anyways ruined my mood, so I'll just say it." Taehyung said.

"I have a copy of the camera's content in my pendrive because I knew that the officer wasn't trustable."