12: Justice?

After a few days:

Taehyung had called you to the park near your house as he wanted to discuss something important.
"The court hearing starts tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 8 in the morning,outside your house." Taehyung said.

You just nodded and were ready to leave, when he held your hands and turned you around. He held your waist and pulled you closer, leaving almost no space in between. Your heart skipped multiple beats at his daring action.

"S-Sunbae?!" You whispered, as if no voice left inside you.

"What's wrong Y/n? Why are you so distant these days? Why are you behaving so formally with me when we had come so close to each other? It's hurting me." Taehyung asked desperately.

You could see that his eyes were filled with pain and hurt was evident in them.
Yet you had to overcome it, because you thought that you needed to let him go for his own good.

"I don't understand Sunbae. What are you saying? It was actually my mistake to behave so formally with you, when I should have respected your boundaries in the first place. And we were never close to begin with." You said, rather monotonously.

Taehyung left your waist as soon as you said the sentence.

"You're actually right. We were never close to begin with." Sarcasm with hurt was mixed in his tone.

"Be ready tomorrow, Hoobae-nim." He said and left.

Tears threatened to leave your eyes as you thought, Why only me God? First Miha and now Taehyung...

At the court hearing:

You and Taehyung were seated in the first row of the court itself, as you watched Jade standing in the suspect box.

His lawyer was trying his best to defend him, but due to the recordings itself, the defence wasn't taking his anywhere.

"But My Lord, the evidence can be altered and falsif-" He was cut off by someone saying, "I want to say something, Your Honour."

It was Ahyeon, Jade's sister.

She was done with all the guilt consuming herself and decided that even if she was to go to jail, she will do it to let go of the guilt. So she decided to testify against her own brother. She hated him for doing all the inhumane acts to a girl, but hated herself more for being a part of it. So she spoke.

She spoke as an eyewitness and with a lot of oppositions and allegations,the case was finally won by Y/n.

Jade was sentenced to life imprisonment.

To say that Y/n was on cloud nine would be an understatement. She was so happy that she went on to the rooftop and shouted on the top of her voice, "We won Miha! WE WON!!" Tears spilled out of her eyes, a beautiful mixture of pain and happiness.

Pain, because she lost her best friend.

Happiness, because she did justice to her best friend.

That night, Y/n was a beautiful mess. And the mess was observed by none other than Taehyung.

He was leaning against the door of the rooftop, careful enough for Y/n to not know. He himself was happy, happy for Miha. But what took his breath away was  that this was the last time he could interact with Y/n this closely.

And it hurt. It hurt him a lot, because unknowingly, he fell for her so deep that recovery was nearly impossible. Of course, it had to be like that, because she is his first love, and for him, probably his last as well.

He hurried downstairs as he watched her come towards the staircase.

After reaching down, Y/n came to Taehyung. She spoke, "Thank you for everything Sunbae-nim. Without you, this might have never been possible. It so happens that I'm sure, I'll never be able to repay your kindness in this life time. But, if you never need my help, I'm letting you know that me, Kang Y/n will stand with you until her last breath. I'll take my leave then. Thank you once again." She bowed and turned around to leave.

Tears came out of her eyes, as well as Taehyung's, knowing that they won't be able to confess their unrequited love for each other.

Why? Why is it hurting so bad? Knowing that I'll never have you, I can never show you my affection, that you'll be someone else's? No! I can't be selfish!! You deserve better Sunbae. So, it's better to let you go.
Y/n thought and crouched in a corner after reaching in her neighborhood, crying her heart out.

Meanwhile Taehyung was seated on his couch, with a bottle of whiskey in his hand. His eyes we're bloodshot red from crying, as he had never gone through such an emotional turmoil ever. Love wasn't something he ever wanted to do, as he thought he wasn't capable of loving anyone. But now that he fell so deep, the only thing he knew was that he won't think a minute if she asks him to bring his heart out for her. Yes, he fell that deep.

Looking at the glass in his hands, he thought: Isn't it funny? Just when I thought I'll never fall in love, this girl stormed into my life and took my everything away. And now, when I was ready to pour my heart out for her, she threw it away as if it was a piece of trash. But, it's okay. I can't force her, I can never force her to be mine, because I love her. And love is all about letting go. But, know it Kang Y/n. If it's not you, it's not anyone. You'll always be my first and last.

Thinking of all this, he fell asleep on his couch, with the bottle of whiskey in front of him, a witness of his painful confession.

----It's not over yet guys! ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ----