9: The Proof

Y/n and Taehyung quickly took the camera with them and ran out of the farmhouse. Taehyung sat in the driver's seat and started the car.

"What will be our next move, Sunbae?" Y/n asked.

"Let's give this to the police and this time they can't reject our request because we got solid proof with us." Taehyung replied.

"You're right." Y/n said.

Y/n was lost in her own thoughts when Taehyung looked at her.

"What are you thinking about so deeply?" He asked.

"Just wondering about what Miha would be doing in heaven. I'm sure that a pure soul like her must have gone there." Y/n replied and pain was obvious in her voice.

Taehyung stopped the car nearby and turned towards Y/n. He cupped her tiny face in his palms and said, " Listen up Y/n! Miha has been waiting for her justice since a long time and I'm sure she believes that it would be you who will bring that justice to her. You cannot just go all weak and break that faith she has on you, right?"

"Y-Yeah. But I can't help it." Y/n said in a gloomy voice.

"You know that Miha would be sad watching you like this, right? And besides, the only thing that suits your beautiful face is your one in a million smile." Taehyung said as Y/n widened her eyes and blushed.

Realizing what he said, he covered his face in embarrasment and mentally slapped himself.

That's it! You're visiting a psychiatrist right now Kim Taehyung! You called her beautiful for fuck's sake! Now she'll think that you have a crush on her. Dammit!!
Taehyung thought and as you would have already guessed, he hit his head slightly.

Mumma! Is he possessed or something? Why does he keep hitting his head? I'm scared! Y/n thought and made a crying face.

"A-Anyways! I hope you understood what I wanted to convey." Taehyung said, stuttering.

"That I'm beautiful and that my smile is pretty?" Y/n asked.

Taehyung frowned in disbelief.

"Seriously? The only thing you noticed in my long ass lecture is your beautiful face? You're unbelievable!" Taehyung said, still frowning.

He started the car again and headed towards the police station.

At the police station:

"Excuse me, sir!" Y/n exclaimed after seeing the same officer she had met that day.

"You again? Didn't find your friend or what?" The officer asked, uninterested.

"No sir, this time I know where she is." Y/n said confidently.

"Then why are you here again?" The officer asked.

"Because my friend has been murdered, sir." She said, her voice wavering a bit.

"And how exactly do I need to help you? We couldn't even locate her and you expect us to find her murderer? Sorry to say but I don't think that we could do anything this time as well." The officer replied.

"No sir, you don't need to do anything. We have found out who her murderer is, and even have the proof required against him. All we need is your help to throw that person in the hands of law!" Y/n said.

"Ok. Submit the proof that you got and let us look into the matter. You can rest for now until we find a solution to this." The officer said.

You and Taehyung thanked the officer and exited the police station.

"I can't even explain the amount of happiness and relief I am feeling right now. Thank you so much for your help Sunbae! I don't even know what I would have done without you!" You said and hugged Taehyung tightly.

His heartbeat accelerated so much that he could have swore that his heart would burst anytime. Your case wasn't any different.

Why is heart beating as if I have ran a marathon or something? What is this feeling? Is this what they call love? If yes, then heck I'm loving this feeling. Taehyung thought to himself.

He wasn't your typical K-drama main lead who was stupid enough to stay oblivious to his own feelings. He knew what he felt, and he knew exactly that his heart has fallen for you.

Now that you have stolen my heart Ms. Ka ng, I don't expect you to return it back anytime soon. Taehyung thought and smiled to himself.

I'm seeing a doctor as soon as possible. Mumma! I don't want to die due to some heart disease! Y/n thought. There goes your typical dumbo Y/n.

You broke the hug and smiled a bit.

"I hope the police take action against Jade as soon as possible." Taehyung said.

You nodded and said, "I hope the same."

"Wanna grab a coffee? My treat." Taehyung proposed.

"Sure. How can someone even deny a treat?" You said and smiled, which made Taehyung chuckle.

After one week:

You and Taehyung were sitting on a bench in his favorite park as you had asked him to meet after college.

"It's been a week and we haven't heard anything from the police." You said.

"You're right. Do you think we should visit the police station once more?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah, I mean there's no harm in it. Let's not waste time." You said and stood up.

You and Taehyung sat in his car as he drove towards the police station.

At the police station:

You spotted the same officer and decided to talk to him.

"Good evening sir! Can I know about the progress that the case of my friend has made after submitting the proof?" You asked politely.

But the words that the officer said shook you to the core.

"What proof are you talking about Miss?"