11: The Realization

"Damn you're actually smart Sunbae!" You exclaimed, happiness dripping in your tone.

"I know right? C'mon let's go to my house. I'll ask our personal lawyer to take the case and directly drag that Jade into the court." Taehyung said.

You nodded and sat in his car as he drove towards his house.

"You call this a house? It's a freaking mansion!" You nearly shouted in his ears.

Of course it was a mansion, I mean who are you kidding? The Kim family were known for being filthy rich and they loved to show off their wealth in big things like the mansion and their personal cars and even in the most subtle things, like never wearing the same tie or watch twice.

"Geez woman! I'll lose my ability to hear at this rate. Now move quickly and don't worry, my parents are out due to business reasons." Taehyung said.

You nodded and went inside the mansion, still shook by seeing the interior decor.

"This way please!" Taehyung guided you towards his room, which was the second floor and away from all the guest rooms.

You entered his room, and just like you had imagined it, it wasn't very fancy. Just plain and simple grey and black shaded wall, and few things which a basic room needed.

"You can sit on the sofa. Wait here, I'll bring you something to drink." Taehyung said and started to move out of the room.

"Wait! It's fine, I don't want anything to drink. Just sit here and let us discuss the much needed proof we have against Jade." You said.

Taehyung frowned but nevertheless gave you a glass of water to drink.

"So, let's start with the pendrive. I had already saved the contents of the camera into it because I thought that if by any chance, the police fails to reach Jade, we'll just take the case to the court." Taehyung said.

"I can't be any more thankful to you Sunbae. You have appeared in my life like an angel. You know, Miha would be so thankful to you for doing all of this. Only if I could save her,she would be alive." You said and teared up.

Taehyung hugged you and rubbed your back in an attempt to calm you down.

"Hey! Please stop crying. I can't see you like this. It's not your fault sweetheart that you couldn't save Miha. She was such a great fighter! She still struggled to survive despite all the torture she had been through. And you're the best friend of that fighter. How can you be so weak? It won't suit you at all!" He said, as you snuggled in his neck more and held the collar of his shirt as tightly as possible.

"You're my brave gorilla, aren't you?" Taehyung teased.

You nodded but then after realising what he said, slapped his chest which made him laugh out loudly.

You then pulled out of his chest with an angry face and got on top of him, attempting to hit him in the face.

As you were about to punch him in the face, your hand froze midways after realising the position you both were in.
You were sitting on his stomach and he was holding your waist. You quickly got down with tomato red cheeks.

Taehyung felt his cheeks heating up too as he coughed.

"Uh-Uhm so I was s-saying that I'll just contact our lawyer to ask him to take up the case. I'll just come back in minute." Taehyung said and ran out of his room.

Why am I feeling so shy all of a sudden? I swear my heart will jump out of my chest in no time. And that only happens when Taehyung Sunbae is around. A-Am I falling for him? You were still unsure but heat rushed up to your cheeks at even the thought of falling for him.

Stop dreaming Y/n! He's one of the most sought-after bachelors in the entire country. He's intelligent, rich, has looks and the charms which will make any girl throw herself at him. He can get anyone he wants. Then why would he even look at me? Be glad that he's atleast helping you. And you'll have no contact with him after this case is over, so just focus on your best friend. Your inner turmoil of thoughts didn't seem to slow down. So you just thought to leave it aside and focus on Miha instead.

"The lawyer is ready to take up the case! He asked us to be ready with the proof and that he'll submit it to the court in a week itself." Taehyung said and smiled.

"Wow, that's great! Thank you once again Sunbae." You said and bowed.

There was something in your tone which irked Taehyung. It suddenly turned too formal, not even close to the one in which you were talking before.

But he let it slide, thinking that you were too engrossed in finally giving justice to Miha.

Taehyung was happy too, as he was able to help in throwing the monsters into the hands of law. God knows how many woman had they violated before, and how many were yet to come.

His eyes burned in rage to even think about it. Your game is over Jade. Now justice will prevail.