three. reconnected.

:Craig:

It was now 5:30 p.m. I had to get ready and headed to the studio. I should have been ready, but I came home and took a nap not thinking it'd be long. But I mean at least I killed time. The last time I saw Ruby was in high school until she eventually stopped going to regular school. After that I kind of just forgot about our friendship and moved on. Does she want us to call her Ruby or Coco? I don't know. I'll just ask later on.

I put on some comfortable clothing and made my way to the studio. I have this anxious feeling going on right now. I guess I'm excited to see her again. Me and Ruby never had any feelings towards each other. It was always a cool friendship. Nothing more, nothing less. I arrived at the studio and patiently waited for Ruby.

"So, what are ya working on?" I asked.

"It's just a love ballet. You know, something soft and romantic. I knew she'd be the perfect fit for this," he said, smiling.

"Ya write the song already?"

"Yeah I got my part, she have some of hers. We gone get through it though,"

"Okay,"

Bryson didn't finish high school. He didn't finish his junior year and just stopped going from there. But he did graduate last year and I'm proud of him or that.

"What have you been doin all day," he asked.

"Gym, errands, sleep, nothing much,"

"Mm. I ain't get much sleep..."

"Why?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Nah. I'm good,"

There was a knock on the studio door and Bryson went to go answer it. In came Ruby, Rylee, and another girl.

"Ruby!" Bryson greeted and they shared a hug.

"Bryson! Hey!"

"Wassup, Ray," he said, dapping him up.

"Wus good?" Ray smiled.

"Hey, how you doing?" Bryson said to the girl.

"I'm doing good. I love your music!" She said.

"Thank you. I appreciate it,"

"Hey yall," I greeted.

"Craig! Oh my God! It's so good to see you again!"

She came over to me and gave me this big warm hug. I hugged her back and took it all in. Just like when we were kids.

"It's good to see you too,"

"Yo, Craig, my man! Long time, no see," said Ray.

"I know! It's been so long!"

"Guys, this is my friend, Deejonè. Deejonè, this is Craig. This was my best friend before I left town," Ruby said.

"Oh, nice to meet you,"

"Nice to meet you too," I said, shaking her hand.

"It feels so good to have you all back. And Deejonè welcome to the family. Hopefully we will be close soon," Bryson said.

"Craig, how have you been?" Ruby asked me, smiling.

"I've been good actually. Just here working with my bro,"

"What do you do?"

"I produce and write songs,"

"Oh my goodness! Me and Ray thought you'd be dancing for Chris Brown some place," she said.