eight. canopy.

:Bryson:

After Craig left, we decided to come to my place and check out the canopy. Well this just gives me and Ruby more time together to be close. We entered my back yard and she was amazed by the setting.

 We entered my back yard and she was amazed by the setting

"This is so beautiful! I love this!"

"Thank you. I did it just for you?" I smiled.

"I bet you do this with all yo lil friends, don't you?"

"I don't have any other 'friends' and when I did it was nothing like this. You're a very special person,"

"Im flattered," she laughed.

We walked to the canopy and sat on the cushions. I grabbed the finger food from the fridge and say it inside. It was just finger sandwiches and some fruit along with some sparkling water.

"You are just going all out tonight,"

"Anything for you,"

She smiled at me so I winked at her. She looked away and giggled. She is very beautiful. I loved her small reactions whenever I did something like that.

"You are the most beautiful human being I ever laid eyes on," I said.

"Thank you! It takes a lot to look this good,"

"I bet it does,"

"Im guessing you live alone, too,"

"Yeah. Craig and I were staying with each other, but he eventually got his own place not too far,"

"Okay cool,"

"If you don't mind me asking...what were you and Craig talking about earlier?"

"Uh...well...he said he saw that we were close and I kind of told him that we were getting to know each other. I was like was it okay and he was kind of hurt. He didn't say it but I could see it. I don't know...he said we were grown so it doesn't matter. I thought he was cool with Dee. Maybe I'm just moving too fast, you think? Am I wrong for dating you? I mean you guys are brothers and Craig and I were like right as hell—"

"Ruby! It's fine," I chuckled. "Look, Craig is right. We are grown and we can do what we want. I mean that's basically giving us the okay. You don't have feelings for him anymore do you?"

"No...I mean, I've been gone for so long anyways,"

"Okay then. That settles it then,"

"I know. He was kind of upset really because we were hanging out after the gym and he thought something was there and I feel bad. But he said it's fine. Plus him and Dee are pretty good,"

"Yeah, lil bro gone be good. Dee gone be good for him. Just like how I wanna be good to you,"

She blushed and started fidgeting with her fingers.

"What exactly did ya do?"

"Huh?"

"You and Craig after the gym?"

"We literally went to the McDonald's down the street and sat and chilled there. It was my idea. Ian really wanna be at the gym anyway. I was just being productive for like 10 minutes," she laughed.

"He knew I called?"

"No. Bryson, you good? You asking a lot about Craig,"

"Im fine. Just being nosey. But let's move on,"

"Yeah. Let's cheers to our new song being done and the hard work we put in,"

"Cheers,"

We clamped our cups together and took a sip of the drink. I cut on the tv and played some music.

"What made you wanna sing?" I asked.

"I was just inspired by so many women in the industry. I wanted to be a star. I wanted to be seen. Then I got on Radio Disney, I stared in a movie on Disney Channel, and appeared on one of they shoes for a couple of episodes...then things quickly went down hill. But I picked myself back up because I refused to fail. This was my dream, my passion, my heart and soul. I wasn't gonna let that slip away. Before you know it, I was blowing up on TikTok, got a role in Bel-Air, and making more music for the lovely fans out there. It was so traumatic watching my career plummet like that. My mom and I were so lost. I'm grateful to even still be relevant today and it's all thanks to my fans, my team, and my mom,"

"You're doing an incredible job. You are amazing! Im glad you stood your ground and never gave up. That's what people need to realize. Yes, things are gonna go to shit, but you can make things better. Whether you have to start over or not, it gets better. Just have to have faith in yourself. It is not fun being stuck in the dark all the time,"

"It's not. It's a real ugly feeling,"

She sipped her drink and looked outside to the stars. She crawled out of the canopy and stood outside to stare at the stars. I joined because...I didn't wanna be awkward.

"This makes me feel at ease. Sometimes the world doesn't seem real. Stars that light up the galaxy, a satellite that watches our every move, clouds that roam the sky, trees that grow from the ground...it just doesn't seem right but it can be so beautiful. Well, minus the satellites,"

"That satellite could possibly be taking a picture of the earth right now. We could be next. Let's pose for the camera,"

We jokingly posed for the satellite as if it's paying attention to us.

"Wouldn't it be funny though if we were actually caught on the camera?"

"Yes,"

"What time is it?"

"It's 10:15. What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just wondering,"

*u can play the music in the media box*

"Oh! I love this song!"

"Who is it?"

"Doja Cat,"

"Awe,"

"Wee-oo, Wee-oo!"

Whee-ooh whee-ooh
Whee-ooh whee-ooh
Whee-ooh whee-ooh
Whee-ooh whee-ooh

(No police)
No police

They say I bang
They never toy with me
Royal from the crown to my fucking feet
They say talk that talk
Walk but please avoid the streets
Lock the jaw, lock the door
Avoid the speech
Cause once you speak
Bullshit reek like oil leak
Pop a pill, cop a feel
Rock the lease

How the fuck you do that in them denim jeans?
All these bars, no police
(No police)

She started to sing along the lyrics and just vibe out. I can tell she was getting comfortable being around me and being herself. She grabbed my hands and we danced together for a little bit. It was like...there was no one else in the world but us at this moment. I live for times like this.