eighteen. go get her!

February 13, 2022

:Ruby:

Today was the premiere of our new show Bel-Air. I wanted Dee to be here but I haven't spoken to her in weeks. I texted and called her thousands of times and nothing worked. Me and Aliyah don't talk much for real either. Ray has been distant too. As for Craig, we have been talking, but not in that way at all. Just talking and communicating our feelings and a solution. Today isn't complete, no matter what comes for me today. I feel like such a loser right now.

After the day was over with, I went straight to the hotel room, changed my clothes, and flopped on the bed. This is something me and Dee would do after a long ass day. I miss her so much. I can't believe I did that to her! People on social media noticed our distance and noticed that we unfollowed each other. We didn't address it yet though. She did it first so I just unfollowed her. I do lurk on her page and I see her and music is getting buzz.

There was a knock at my door and when I looked through the peep whole, it was Craig.

"Craig? What are you doing here?"

"Well...I came to talk..."

"Okay," I closed the door.

"Ruby...first I'm sorry for coming up here like this but I had too. I know we haven't been really talking much but, truth is...I don't know what to do. Like is it even a good idea for us to be together or not? You and Bryson broke up, Me and Dee ain't talking, and if we get together, we'll look bad! It's all crazy!"

"I know, I know...but we have a true connection and history,"

"Even still...don't you think it'll be a little weird?"

"You said it yourself, Craig...we're grown adults...we can do whatever..."

He sighed and titled his head back.

"Plus...Bryson did you wrong first,"

"This isn't revenge though, Ruby. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Dee, too. She was amazing. An amazing and beautiful soul. But you...you're my heart...,"

"You're my heart too...you're my everything matter of fact. I knew I shouldn't have gotten with Bryson. That was a huge mistake. I should have known since the day he bashed you for wanting to go on a Zoo date,"

"When we left Chris's house, me and Dee were supposed to go to the Zoo the next day...fuck, man!" He said, falling back on the bed.

I sat next to him and fell back as well. We both looked at the ceiling, contemplating.

"What do you wanna do?" He asked.

"I wanna do it. I just don't wanna look bad..."

"I love you Ruby...but I don't think it's a good idea,"

"Might as well after all of this, now. I mean, Dee said if you want someone, go and get them,"

"Yeah, but...she's your best friend. I think you keep forgetting that..."

"...I guess so,"

"Have you talked to her?"

"No...she doesn't wanna talk to me..."

"When I leave LA, imma go to her house. I need to talk to her. It's been eating me up for weeks,"

"Same for me. I want my friend back! Today hasn't been the best day. Me and Dee would always be together at the shows. And afterwards, we'd flop and jump on the hotel beds. And the fans are noticing our distance. This is all too much!"

"I got this. Imma go and talk to her,"

It was silent for a few minutes before I talked again. I have to be the bigger person and grow up and realize that I can't continue to play these games anymore.