six. appreciation and bad news

November 20, 2021

:Ruby:

I had such a good time with Craig yesterday. Well, not too much because Bryson called a couple times. It was on vibrate but I pressed the power button to ignore it. It's not that I was trynna ignore him, but I'm out with company and plus it would be so weird. I was just out with an old friend and me and Bryson are not official. Boys do the same thing so I don't care. Imma see him today in a little bit anyways. We have a studio session.

:at the studio:

Walking in the studio, I see Bryson and Craig. They didn't notice me at first so I was just standing there. Watching Craig do his work is satisfying. Bryson would sometimes help out but he trusted Craig to do it. I really appreciate their teamwork.

"I'm feeling the teamwork in here," I spoke.

"Hey," Bryson said, giving me a hug.

"Hey. Ya ain't notice me?"

"Nah, my bad," he said.

"Hey Ruby," Craig greeted.

"Hey, Craig. What ya working on,"

"Just some stuff. Not official yet but we working on it,"

"Okay, okay. Ya ready to finish the song?" I asked.

"Yeah, let's get started. Sean called yesterday and he loved it,"

"Well, if he loves, everybody's gonna love it!" I said.

"When is he coming by?" Asked Craig.

"He'll be here at the listening party," Bryson said.

"When?"

"Uh, I wanna have it somewhere in January. Like January 14th,"

"Cool,"

"I cannot wait," I said.

"Same. Start the year off right," Craig added.

"Alright, well let's get this party started!" Bryson shouted.

:Deejonè:

I was contemplating but I did it. I just shared my music to the public and I hope they like it. Craig believed in me and he encouraged me so much that I am actually sharing my music to the world. I don't necessarily have feelings for Craig but I do like him a way. But I have understand something. Him and Ruby have been friends for so long and they are just not reconnecting with each other and there is a possibility that he will eventually fall for her.

When we were in the car the day we went to the studio, Ruby was rambling about close they were and that she had feelings for him back then, but when she left she got over him. She then egged me on to date him. Now although she let me talk to him, I have to keep my eyes open. If all else fails, I can't really be too mad about it. I encourage everyone to go after the woman or man they love. But imma see where we go from here.

I went to my gaming room and hooked up my headset and began to play Little Nightmares. A couple of hours went by and I'm still on the game. This game is so creepy but so satisfying at the same time. Like it's scary and then it's not. I was in my mood until someone kept banging at my door!

"Who the fuck is it!" I yelled.

"It's me you fucking fuck tard!"

"Go away! I'm busy!"

"Open up! I have some news for you!"

"Ugh! What is it!"

"It's about your music!"

I paused the game, took off my headset and swung my door open.

"What about my music, Brandy?"

Brandy is my half sister. We have the same dad but different moms.

"You're music is so fucking amazing! You have so many hits in just three hours. Did you know that?" She said.

"No, I've been on my game this whole time,"

"Look! You have 50k views on Lonely, 87k on Boom, and 105k on Nintendhoe. You're going viral!"

"How? I just uploaded it?"

"The internet moves fast as fuck! People are even comparing you to Doja Cat!"

"What?" I said, grabbing the phone.

"Coco shared it, Bryson's producer shared it, I think this is Coco's brother, but he shared it. Check you shares on Instagram girl! Get off that game and get in the music!" She said.

"I have so many shares. I did not expect people to like this shit,"

"You are next! You have the look, you have the sound, you're talented as fuck! Look at this comment right here. A girl named Bre said her cousin Craig previewed your music and she said you're up next!"

"That's Bryson's brother. He was the one who told me to share my music..."

"And he did right because this shit is fire dude,"

"This is awesome," I said, smiling.

"I demand you to put these on Apple Music and Spotify right now,"

"I wouldn't even know how. Imma asked if Craig can help,"

"You have his number?"

"Yeah, we met when Coco took us down to the studio,"

"Whenever he helps you, let me know. Need these asap!" She said, leaving my room.

This is the boost I needed.

:Ruby:

We finally finished the song. The song didn't really take that long to do which I loved. I hope the fans enjoy this one because this is one of my favorites and it's a good one. Bryson was flirting with me most of the time and I entertained it at some points lol. I wasn't trying to do too much because of Craig, but he seen us already so like...yeah. Imma go and talk to him since Bryson stepped out for a bit.

"What ya doin'" I asked.

"Nothing just talking to Dee?"

"How are you guys doing? Any dates yet?"

"No, not yet. I see you and Bryson have been pretty close,"

"Yeah. Uh, we're kind of...getting to know each other..."

"Oh,"

"...Is that okay?"

"You're both adults. Do what you want,"

"I mean, but he's your brother and me as your old friend—"

"Ruby, it's fine. I had a great time with you yesterday but if you really like Bryson then so be it. I wish I would have known earlier though because now I feel weird. But it's cool,"

"I'm sorry,"

"Look, I'm gonna go. I'll just stop by and see Dee. I'll catch you later,"

"Later..."

I don't know how to feel. I feel like I hurt his feelings. I mean I am over him, right? Oh gosh what have I done? But he and Dee are seeing each other so I should be comfortable with Bryson.

"Hey where's Craig?" Bryson asked.

"He left,"

"Why?"

"He's going to see Deejonè,"

"Oh, okay. Well that just leaves us some alone time," he smiled.

"I guess," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"How about we have that canopy date?"

"When?"

"We can go right now,"

"You have all of that set up already?"

"Yeah. I was kind of hoping we could go to my place go to the back and chill there so I set it up,"

"Smart kid. Let's go,"