Chapter Twelve

Katarina

I petted the top of Tinkerbell's head as she walked into the kitchen and bent down to place her food in front of her.

"Eat up, baby."

I ran my fingers through her fluff and scratched under her ear before straightening my back. I put her food away, cleaned the kitchen, wiped the counter clean, and grabbed my tea. Xavier was out on a date, so I had the place to myself.

The only thing I had planned was to watch Brooklyn 99 and eat a crazy amount of sushi. It was Saturday night, yet I wanted to spend some alone time and watch a show that brought me comfort and joy.

Opal was out with Ryker, and I'm sure Gabriel was still at work. Everyone usually updated what they were doing on our group chat, and I scrolled through the messages and photos and took a photo of me holding a bottle of white wine in my fluffy blue robe.

'My Saturday night is about to get hella wild.'

I heard Tinkerbell meowing loudly and set my phone and bottle down to check up on her. She finished her food and was scratching at the empty water bowl. I bent down, filled it with water, and then set it back for her.

"Did my baby have a good meal?" I cooed as I sat down next to her.

She finished and licked her lips and paws before climbing into my lap. I stood up and kept her in my arms as I returned to the couch. She stayed in my lap while I waited for the sushi to come.

I was enjoying a glass of white wine while watching the same television show I'd been watching since high school.

I memorized every episode and every line, yet it still made me laugh and tear up all the same. Finally, the doorbell rang, and I set my cup down, paused the television, and ran to the door.

I opened it to see Gabriel standing with some grocery bags in his hands. I blinked up at him. I didn't know he was coming. He was still in his work clothes: slacks, a clean button-down shirt, and a jacket.

The bags in his hands were stuffed with visible bags of chips, chocolate, and other varieties of snacks.

"I brought snacks." He said, flashing them to me. "I thought I'd surprise you since I don't have plans, either."

"Oh, come in." Before I could close it, the delivery man was coming up behind him. "Let me just grab my wallet," I told him and ran to my bedroom.

I stepped back out to see that Gabriel had paid for the food and was closing the door to set the food down on my counter. It was like he lived here.

I watched him open the drawers and cabinets and put the stuff he got away, and then I saw him take off his jacket so it didn't get messy.

He hung it on the chair, his arms flexed, and my breathing sharpened as he folded his sleeves over his forearms. God.

I told myself I'd have a nice night and probably masturbate myself to sleep, but now that he was here, I wanted him to fuck me to sleep.

He caught my eyes and smiled at me as he brought the food to where I was sitting. He petted Tinkerbell, who licked his palm before ushering me over. Tinkerbell meowed and was kissing up to Gabriel since I had gotten fresh sashimi.

He chuckled as if understanding why she was getting so close to him, and he ran the back of his hand across her cheeks.

"You're a little spoiled, aren't you, Bells?" He teased, and she caught his arm and began nipping at it.

Stop. Just stop. Stop being so nice to me, and stop being so nice to my cat. Leave. I wanted to shout. I couldn't be around Gabriel anymore without feeling like I wanted to explode.