Chapter Fifteen

Gabriel

"The food was delicious." I thanked Kat once more. "Thank you for cooking."

"You're welcome." She smiled.

Xavier and Kat invited us over for dinner; they had gone all out. They cooked a delicious meal, including appetizers, side dishes, the main meal, salads, and desserts.

We helped clear the table, and I didn't want to leave the dishes all to Kat, so while everyone sat in the living room drinking wine, I thought I'd help her.

"Xavier tells me your boss wants you to go to Paris," I said.

"Yeah, I am. We leave in a few days, actually."

I stopped. My heart stopped.

"Wait, you're really going?" I set the towel down so I could face her.

She removed her apron, set it on the hook, and leaned against the counter.

"Yeah. The opportunity is one in a million. It'd be great to get out of my head and find inspiration. Paris is the city of love. Who knows what might happen?" She said casually.

City of love? Fuck. Please, don't go and find a guy. Please don't go and fall in love with someone. Please, for fucks sake.

"How long will you be staying?" I asked, the words sounding like sandpaper as they tumbled out of my mouth.

She shrugged. "Megan said a week, but it might be longer. I don't know yet. I'm packing two suitcases just in case we stay longer."

"That's good." I forced a smile. "It sounds like a great work opportunity."

"It does, yeah. Plus, it's all paid for." She chuckled. "Who would say no, right?"

"Right." I ground out. "Will I see you before you leave?"

She nodded and gave me a bewitching smile. "Yeah. We'll all have dinner or drinks or something. Just not too late since my flight is at six in the morning."

"Who's taking you to the airport?"

"Megan's sending a car to pick me up."

She went to the fridge and pulled out a chocolate cake, layered and frosted with strawberries resting on top.

"Looks good, huh? Baked it myself." She said proudly.

She licked her thumb where chocolate got on it and made a hmmm sound.

Opening the cabinet behind her, I saw her get on her tippy toes and reach for the plates. I walked over and rested my hand on her back. She shivered and pressed back into me. I fought against how fucking well she felt pressed against me.

I had to get the plates and get far away from her body. I reached for them and set them down on the counter but couldn't force myself to back away from her.

I stayed behind her and could feel every inch of her body so close to mine. I could smell the sweetness, the addictive aroma that was Katarina, and fuck, just her scent had my cock stirring in my pants.

"Gabriel." She whispered.

Fuck, baby, that's my name. "Yeah?"

She didn't speak, and my hands fell to the counter on either side of her body. I could hear her breathing so labored and shaky. So sexy, so fucking hot.

"Kat! Did you cut the cake yet?" Xavier screamed, and that had me prying myself away from her.

I walked out of the kitchen and down the hall to their bathroom. I washed my face with cold water and willed my stupid hard-on away. Goddamn. She was so close. So fucking close to me.