Chapter 22

Tonight was the night of the CMA Awards, and I was so excited. Brad and I have been preparing for tonight for so long, especially to perfect the opening monologue. I was just hoping that everyone would find us funny tonight. Melissa came over in the late afternoon at around 4 in the afternoon to start getting me ready, doing hair and makeup.

            "So Care," Melissa said, "I was thinking about having you walk the red carpet in this gold dress. We have the rest of the dresses for the event already figured out. What do you think?" She asked me. I agreed. I actually really liked the gold dress she had me wear. The sleeves weren't short sleeves but they were more like cap sleeves. The dress was long and down to the floor and had gold sparkles all over it. It was gorgeous. We decided to go with a half up half down kind of look with curls in my hair and a very natural look with my makeup. Melissa always does a great job but she really outdid herself tonight. Mike finally showed up at my house, with a dozen red roses. In the flowers was a card, which read, "Carrie, I love you more than you can ever imagine. You will always be my Female Vocalist and Entertainer of the Year. You are a beautiful person inside and out and I love you more than words can describe."

            "Aweeee, Mike!" I said, "I love you too! Thank you so much for the kind gesture." Mike and I eventually made our way to Bridgestone Arena, where he would walk the red carpet with me for the first time ever. "You nervous?" I asked him. He looked at me, made a face and brushed if off like it was nothing.

            "I'm not that nervous" he said, "because I have a beautiful girlfriend to show me the ropes to working the red carpet." I leaned in for a kiss but he turned his face to give me his cheek, and I slapped him on the leg.

            "Michael Fisher!" I yelled at him, but he was only kidding. He put his hands on my face right by my ears, and held my gaze. We couldn't hold each other's gaze any longer without wanting to kiss each other and Mike pulled my face in to him a little more and kissed me on the lips. We got out of the carpets and we could see the camera lights flashing, calling other artists name to look in a certain direction. I grabbed Mike's hand and looked at him, "Ready?" I asked him.

            "Ready" he said looking at me and lacing his fingers with mine. We started walking down the red carpet and stopped at the first marker. I could hear photographers yelling my name; "Carrie, look here!" one would say. "Carrie, to your right!" "Carrie to your left!" I would here. But I totally ignored those and did my own thing. I flashed my smile a few times in each direction, then would give a few fierce faces and poses for a few pictures to the cameras in each direction. It seems like it's a fun thing, but to be quite honest it would just get really annoying after a while. It took about 25-30 minutes to get down the red carpet. Not only were people taking pictures, but I was getting stopped to do interviews as well, which I didn't mind at all. Mike mingled with artists, producers and other important people in the industry while I made my way backstage to meet Melissa to change and get ready for the first look of the evening. 8:00 rolled around and it was finally time to start. I could feel my heart racing and I looked straight across at the other side of the stage where Brad was he gave me a thumbs up and mouthed "Are you OK?" I looked right back, and nodded at him. A minute later I gave him a thumbs up and we made our way out onto the stage.

            "Welcome to the 45th annual CMA Awards" I said into the microphone, "I'm Carrie Underwood.."

            "...and I'm Brad paisley" Brad said.

            "and we're you're hosts for this evening" I said, looking for Mike in the audience. The night was running very smoothly , and my category, Female Vocalist of the Year was coming up. I was so nervous, they were beginning to announce it. I tried to hide my nerves, especially since the cameras were on me the whole time.

            "And these are the nominees for Female Vocalist of the Year" I heard them announce, "Kelly Clarkson, Miranda Lambert, Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood." My heart was beating so fast, it felt like it was going to beat out of my chest. "And the winner is... CARRIE UNDERWOOD!!!" Oh my gosh! I couldn't believe it. I walked out on stage from behind the scenes where I was standing, to accept my award.

            "Glory to God" I started to cry, "this is truly an amazing night! First I want to thank God for blessing me to do what I love to do most. I want to thank the fans and everyone in Arista and Sony for supporting me. Next I want to thank my family for always encouraging me to pursue my dreams, and Finally I want to thank my beautiful, hot, hunky hockey boyfriend for coming in to my life. Mike, baby, I love you so much, thank you for inspiring those songs on that album." I couldn't believe I won again. I walked off stage to find Mike standing in the wings waiting me. I ran to him and jumped into his arms and kissed him.

            "Congratulations to my Female Vocalist of the Year. I love you so much" he said to me, "you are truly an amazing person."

            I looked him back in the eyes, "No, Mike. You're the amazing person, and this award goes to you for inspiring so many of those songs on that album" I said looking him in the eyes with all the love I had. Tonight was my night, I had everything I could've wanted tonight" my boyfriend and a CMA Award.  

Don't forget to vote and comment please! :)