Chapter 27

***TIME SKIP***            

            Mike and me had been going even stronger than ever since our engagement. We were so in love with each other and we couldn't get over it. We eventually broke the news to the rest of our families and of course our fans. I whipped out my phone and tweeted, "I can't wait to officially marry the love of my life @mikefisher1212. Looks like it's going to be a July wedding." Mike and I were already in the process of starting to plan the wedding. We already had the location, and the basics of the ceremony were already covered. The reception was the most difficult part to figure out because there was so much going on, and of course I was still in the process of having my dresses designed. We were having so many fitting because every time we went back something didn't seem to go right. I was trying to be so patient with it, but it was so difficult to be so patient.  The wedding was literally 3 months away and the dress wasn't done yet. I was flying out to New York that weekend to go have what's supposed to be the final fitting of my dress. My mom was unable to go with me so I'm bringing Ivey with me. We arrived in New York that Friday afternoon and we decided to go out for dinner that night in downtown. I felt my phone buzzing against in my back pocket and pulled it out, it was Mike.

            "Good luck with your dress this weekend. Can't wait to see you in it in just a few months. I love you." My face started to blush, as per usual. "Carrie?" Ivey said. Clearly I had spaced out from reading that text. "Sorry" I said with a little laugh, "I really hope tomorrow goes well with the dress fitting." I was so nervous that it wouldn't. The next morning we had a meeting with Monique Lhuillier, the designer of my dress. I took it to the dressing room and slipped it on; my heart was beating so fast. Ivey came to zip me up., and I was speechless. "Perfect" I whispered to myself, still in shock as to how beautiful it was. I was too excited for Mike to see me in this dress. I knew he would love it and the one that I already had made for the reception. I called Ann and told her about the dress fitting from today and that it went perfectly. She also confirmed the appointment Mike and I had were tasting different cake styles and deciding what we wanted to do for a cake on Monday. After hanging up the phone with Ann, I immediately texted Mike to remind him about our appointment. on Monday He was flying in to Nashville on Sunday night, and I was going to pick him up at the airport. When I landed in Nashville that Sunday, I headed back home to drop my stuff and to go pick up Mike from the airport. I walked into through the front door and Mike was sitting in the living room, watching sports on TV.

            "Really?" I questioned him with a mini laugh. He got up and walked over to me to greet me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and picked me up and kissed me.

            "I missed you babe" he said giving me another kiss, "more than you'll ever know."

            "Oh no, I think I do know because I missed you more than you missed me."

            "That's not possible" he said and picked me up and hauled me over his shoulder and carried me upstairs to the bedroom.

            "Mike put me down" I said yelling and laughing at the same time, while grabbing him so I wouldn't fall. He dumped me on the bed and laid right next to me and looked in to my eyes and kissed me.

            "You're... so... beautiful" he said, while kissing me in between each word. It felt so good and so right to be back in his arms with him.

            "I can't wait to marry you, and to be your wife" I said kissing him back. The next morning we met Ivey at her shop to decide on a wedding cake. She opened the shop later than normal hours so we could have some privacy when it came to tasting the different cake flavors. There were so many different options for us, strawberry cake, vanilla cake, chocolate cake. Pretty much and flavor of cake with essentially the three main frosting flavors: vanilla, cream cheese and chocolate. She brought so many different plates to the table with all the different options. Mike and I started feeding each other the cakes with the frosting flavors and it was so cute.

            "Y'all are so adorable together said. It's just so precious" Ivey said.

            I looked at Mike and said "this is exactly what it's going to be like at our wedding when you feed me cake" I said laughing.

            "Oh really?" he said laughing. He picked up a slice of cake and smashed it in my face, and started laughing. I couldn't help but laugh, and picked up a piece of cake which I was going to shove in Mike's face but he grabbed my wrist and shoved it in to my face.

            "Now you're asking for it" I said laughing.

            "Truce?"

            "Not even close, but I'll get over it" I said, giving him a kiss and face full of cake.