Lost and Found

The void was calm.

No wind. No Sun. Nothing. Just an empty expanse of darkness.

That's what Izuku felt and saw as he stood alone, wondering where he was. All he remembered was Katsuki and Shoto beckoning him into a portal. He went through, and then everything got hazy after that.

Was this where he was sent? Katsuki said they'd found a way to prevent the war, so why was he here? He walked around, but it felt like he wasn't even moving. "Hello!" He yelled out, hoping to get some response, but the only sound he could hear was his own echo. Izuku was starting to get worried. He turned around, hoping to try and find someone.

His mouth went agape when he saw his class staring at him. Just a few arms length in front of him. "You're all still alive" He whispered, tears in his eyes. But then he noticed something was wrong. They were just standing there and staring at him with no expression on their faces. "What's wrong?" He asked them

Izuku tried to step forward, but found he was no longer able to move. "Guys! Help! I can't move!" He yelled out to them. They did not react, instead they continued to stare at him with a blank stare.

A light soon appeared behind all his friends. They all turned their backs to him and walked towards the light. Izuku continued to try and move forward to go with them, but his body wouldn't budge. He was stuck in place as his friends moved on without him.

"No! Come back! Please!" Izuku screamed out, begging for his friends to come back to him, but if they did hear him, they didn't show it. Soon their bodies became transparent and they slowly faded away into nothingness, leaving Izuku in the darkness as he yelled out in anguish.

"Don't leave me!"

——

Izuku awoke with a gasp. He stared at the white ceiling, trying to slow his breathing. 'It's okay' He tried calming himself down. 'It was just a nightmare. It wasn't real.' He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath before exhaling. He then opened his eyes and looked around the room, hoping to find out where he was and where his friends were.

The first thing he noticed was the heart rate monitor beside him, as well as the IV drip inserted into the back of his palm, but aside from that, the room was completely empty, void of all signs of life except for him.

He tried to look for his stuff, but he couldn't find his bag or suitcase anywhere. Sighing, Izuku laid his head back onto the pillow. That was fine, sure it was annoying, but he could easily find some more clothing. And hopefully Mei could make him another suit quickly.

He leaned over to press the call button, but froze when his sides started to ache. He hissed out in discomfort as he grabbed his side. He removed the blanket and moved a part of his hospital gown to find his chest was wrapped in bandages.

'What the?' Izuku thought, staring at his bandaged torso 'What happened to me?' He questioned internally. Closing his eyes, he thought back to what'd happened to him. Everyone died and Katsuki and Shoto appeared and told him that they found a way to fix everything. He got his gear and a few other things and entered the portal.

Izuku squeezed his eyes harder as he tried to remember what happened after he entered the portal. He remembered flashing lights, the feeling of falling and then...

Izuku's eyes snapped open and he looked down at his stomach. He'd been impaled by a piece of rebar. But something still wasn't adding up. If Recovery Girl was close by, she would have healed him instantly. But this didn't look like the nurse's office at UA. So where was he?

His head turned to the side when he heard the door open. A young man walked in and his dark brown eyes lit up when he saw Izuku was awake "Oh, wonderful, you're awake" He smiled, walking over to Izuku and standing beside him. He scratched the back of his messy blonde hair and smiled "How are you feeling?"