An Eventful Day

Izuku's stress was rising to new heights. Every moment was spent wondering when he'd be attacked. There was no doubt in his mind that those creatures would be looking for him. Both at night and during the day. They could take on the appearance of Humans, so it could be anyone he knew.

As he wrote in his journal, his mind delved into a strategy to keep himself hidden during the day. Those things would be looking for someone smart and strong. Someone who would stand up for himself and those around him. He'd just need to pretend to not be that. All he'd need to do was present himself as nothing but average and not stand up for himself.

Was he overthinking things? Perhaps, but that was all he could think about. Izuku knew deep down he was getting worse. That his mind was getting more twisted and warped as anxiety and paranoia filled him, but he just couldn't bring himself to care about his deteriorating mental health. Maybe this was his punishment. This is what he deserved, wasn't it?

Resting the pen down, he stared at the information he wrote down. Most of it was nothing but theories. If he wanted to stay uncaptured, any piece of information could change the outcome of the battle.

Feeling One for All stir within him, he turned his head to the left to see Toshinori standing next to him "Young Midoriya, maybe you should have a break" His vestige said. Izuku's hand curled into a fist, but he didn't wave off his former mentor's ghost immediately. Toshinori took that as a good sign and continued to talk. "You've been stressed non stop. Maybe you should just try and go to sleep and rest. I'm sure that will help you think." He tried to convince the boy to rest, but it wasn't working.

"If I fall asleep, they might capture me, or hurt the Hyoudou's" Izuku stubbornly claimed "I can't fall asleep."

Toshinori knew that he was about to be the world's biggest hypocrite, but he could think about that later "You need to take a rest. Going non-stop will only hurt yourself in the end."

Izuku's fist tightened harder. And it didn't help that the Kudo showed up "Eighth is right. You're on a path of self destruction. You push everyone away and it hurts them in the process." He harshly told the boy, not trying to coddle him in the slightest. He needed to hear the harsh truth. "When I first met you, I saw a boy, blinded by optimism, who would try to save everyone even at the cost of his own life, but now all I see is a boy who is hurting himself and dragging those around him down. If you keep walking down this path, you will die soon." The Kudo warned him

"And what's so wrong with me dying?" Izuku darkly muttered back to the vestige

Nana appeared, deeply disturbed at how Izuku was acting, and tried to reason with him "Please, Ninth. This isn't right. You're not right. Just let us help you, please!" She begged, but that didn't seem to have any effect on the boy

Izuku glared up at the vestiges. His green eyes shining dangerously. "Help? I don't need help." He spat out at them "The people who aren't right here are you all. I can't just sit down. If I slip up just once, I might be captured by those things. Anyone could be those things! Anyone!" He yelled at them all. "I can't befriend anyone or else I might get stabbed in the back"

"What about Hyoudou?" Toshinori asked, "Even you must've noticed how upset he was when you didn't call him your friend."

"He doesn't need me. There are better options out there." Izuku replied, not meeting En's eyes.

"That may be true, but he's chosen you because he likes you." Hikage told him "He trusts you, and you trust him. This could be a good way for you to recover. Surrounded by people who care for you."

"I don't need to recover. I'm doing fine on my own!" Izuku shouted at them. He was fine! He was! He didn't need their input or thoughts! They weren't going through what he was. They couldn't possibly know how he was feeling! "I'm fine! So just leave me alone!" Izuku waved his hand at them, causing them to fade into the wind. Breathing heavily, he looked down and closed his eyes, trying to prevent the tears from falling out of them. "Why can't everyone just leave me alone? I'm fine."