Always Running

Izuku couldn't feel his fingers. Or his arms. Or his entire body. He knew that his body moved before he thought, and it was doing just that. Although he could still think, he could barely wrestle back control. So for now, all he could do was play along until he could regain control.

Fog blew out of his respirator as he breathed, slowly floating in the air before fading away. The protrusions extending from his cowl lightly flapped in the wind. Snow began to gently fall from the sky and landed on his suit and the surrounding ground. He looked up to see clouds rolling in, occasionally breaking to allow the moonlight to shine through.

How the temperature dropped so suddenly was beyond him, but the doctor did say it was late December, so it was still winter. Honestly, he wouldn't be surprised if it started to snow. It also didn't help that he was standing on the tallest building in Kuoh.

Standing at the edge, he looked down. It was a large drop. If he fell on his head, it would probably kill him. He wanted to attempt it again, but he stopped when he realized the vestiges would most likely take over his body again. So instead, he looked around, waiting for Danger Sense to ping again so he could let his body run on autopilot.

Surprisingly, it took a long time for it to warn him again. The town was quiet. Not many people were roaming the streets. That's when Izuku realized he didn't know what day it was. But he knew it wasn't Friday or Saturday, since there would be at least a few people wandering the streets. But to be perfectly honest, he didn't care what day it was. It didn't really matter anyway. At least not to him.

A quick stab stabbed Izuku's head causing him to twist his head in the direction of where the event was occurring. Wasting no time, Izuku ran and jumped off the roof, using Blackwhip to traverse the rooftops at high speeds. The dark green full-body jumpsuit helped conceal him while he was in the night's sky or in the shadows.

Dashing and jumping across rooftops, Izuku made his way to the top of an alleyway and looked down to see a girl with long brown hair tied in two ponytails and golden eyes held up against the alleyway wall with a large knife held against her throat. The man holding the girl was disheveled, looking like some kind of homeless man. The moonlight shone on his knife and lightly illuminated his face enough for Izuku to see his pupils were much larger than what they should be.

'Drugs' He thought, staring down at them from his spot on the roof. Without thinking, his body leapt down into the alleyway, getting prepared to save the girl.

——

Murayama didn't notice the time until it was too late. She had been hanging out with her friend, Katase, when she looked at her phone and noticed it was almost midnight. Her parents told her to get home before it got late, so in a rush she grabbed all her things and began running home. The snow had begun to pick up, coating the ground in a thin, white veil covering the pavement and roads. She had to make sure she was careful, otherwise she'd slip.

Murayama continued on her way home when she felt a sweaty hand clamp around her mouth, before she could process what was going on, she felt her body be pulled into a nearby alleyway and pressed up against a wall. She screamed into the man's mouth and tried to struggle, but froze when she felt the cold feeling of a knife's blade resting against her jugular.

"Money?!" The man whispered frantically "Do you have any money?!" He pressed the knife harder against her neck.

"N-No!" Murayama's muffled voice

"Liar!" The man shouted, causing her to flinch out of fear. "You have to have money! I need it!" The man screamed in her ear.

Murayama whimpered and looked around the alleyway, but there was no one to save her. She closed her eyes and held back tears as the knife continued to press against her throat. She believed this was where she would die. That was when the sound of something colliding with the ground made her open her eyes. Her and the man looked towards the other end of the alleyway to see a shadowy figure.