14. The day that wasn't

"No matter the situation, never let your emotions overpower your intelligence" 

---

WEDNESDAY. 8:15 AM.

Luther, Klaus, Diego, Allison, Hope and Aaron were all in the living room.

Luther have told the others, what Five told him.

"Three days" Allison asked as she handing a cup of coffee to Luther "That's what Five said" Luther said "The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it. He just left out the part about how soon" Klaus said "But can we trust him? I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's little..." Allison said, putting her finger up to her temple and moved it around while whistling.

"Our little psycho" Klaus said, cutting her off as he lifted up his cup.

"Hey" Hope said and they looked at her "My dad is not a psycho, in fact he is a hero. He is doing everything he can to save you guys and the world" she said.

"Well, he was pretty convincing. If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse, those lunatics wouldn't be chasing him or his kids" Luther said "That's why they were after them?" Diego asked "Yeah" Hope said.

"What did Five even see?" Allison asked "Mom and dad told us that they saw destruction. Aaron and I was born in the apocalypse. I spend 13 years there and it was not a pretty sight" Hope said.

"Uh...Apparently, we all fought together against whoever was responsible" Luther said before looking down on the floor while nodding.

He then clicked his tongue "Okay. So, here's the plan" he said before getting up "Uh, we go through Dad's research---" "Wait, what?" Allison said cutting Luther off "Hold on, hold on" Diego. 

"Wait a tick, wait a tick, wait a tick" Klaus said, holding up his hand "What actually happened the first time around?" he asked "Yeah. What are you not telling us?" Diego asked and Luther looked at him "Com on, big boy, spit it out" he said.

Luther got uncomfortable as he looked at the others, he let out a sigh before he answered "We died" he said quietly as he put his cup up to his mouth before taking a sip.

"What was that?" Allison asked and Luther let out a cough "Jesus, if you are too scared to say it, I will" Hope said and they looked at her "He said that you guys died" she said.

---

Five could hear indistinct chatter as he was walking with The Handler towards the Commission's headquarter.

"I must admit, Number Five. In all the time that I've been here, I've never met anyone quite like you" The Handler said "Hello, Handler" a man said as he walked past the two.

"Hazel and Cha-Cha, for example are talented, certainly, but...they can't see the big picture. You spunk, your enterprising spirit, well, it reminds me a great deal of myself, if...I may be so vainglorious" The Handler said to Five as the two walked up the steps that lead to the front door of the headquarter.