33. Two Fives

"No matter how much we try, no matter how much we want it, some stories just don't have a happy ending"

---

"This is my favorite part" past Five said as he was preparing and assembling his sniper gun while the radio beside him was playing "The calm before the storm" he said.

Present Five and Luther was standing next to each other, looking at past Five.

Present Five was breathing heavily as he was sweating and was looking more aggressive.

"Look. The briefcase" present Five said as his eyes was focused on the briefcase that was just beside past Five.

"No, don't. You won't be able to get there in time" Luther said "Of course I will. This is our only chance" present Five said "Dad, don't. I told mom I would keep an eye on you" Hope said.

"Hey, uh, just remind me...what was the final stage of paradox psychosis again?" Luther asked "Homicidal rage" Five answered "Right. That's great" Luther said with a smile but that smile disappeared as fast as it appeared.

"That's great....Five, listen to me...I" Luther said but Five ignored his brother as he began creeping towards past Five "No. No!" Luther whispered.

But what present Five didn't know, was that past Five was watching him through the scope of the rifle. And just as present Five blinked, past Five also blinked before he appeared behind present Five.

"Oh...Shit" Luther said as past Five aimed the rifle at present Five "Bad idea, shit-heel" past Five said.

Luther let out a sigh before he walked over to past Five, ripping the rifle out of his hands "Stop it! All right? The both of you" he said as present Five walked over to them while he itched the back of his head.

"Pull it together. Now, Kennedy is gonna be coming around that corner any minute. Okay? So, everyone, let's just take a deep breath..." Luther said to them before he inhale deeply and exhale.

Past Five inhaled a shaky breath as he itched his neck and present Five did the same while he glanced at his brother.

"Now, we're all family here, okay? So can we all just try to get alone for a few more minutes?" Luther said.

Present Five then turned to past Five "You want it?" he asked "Go ahead" past Five said with a hint of happiness in his voice.

"What's that?" Luther asked as he look at present Five but he kicked him right in his groin causing Luther to groan in pain as he bent over "Shit" he said "Ouch. That gotta hurt" Hope said before she started laughing.

"Hope, you stay out of this" both Fives said before present Five fixed his blazer as he looked at his past self "Now..." past Five said "Where were we?" present Five asked.

Both Fives blinked before they started fighting around Luther as they tried to kill each other.

Luther kept groaning in pain while the two Fives was fighting.