ix. wolf's bane

"Faster?" Scott asks as he speeds around a curb in Derek's sports car.

"A lot faster." Stiles demands from the passenger seat, looking at the car gaining on them in the rear view mirror. "Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." 

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott warns.

"Well if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Stiles exclaims. Scott's face scrunches up in confliction before he switches gears, flooring it. He goes as fast as he can, finally losing the car behind them.

"They're gone." Stiles informs.

They pull over to pick up Derek, the man diving into the back seat before slamming the door shut. "What part of laying low don't you understand?" Stiles asks.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek groans.

Stiles' eyes widen, "Who, the Alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up."

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs -" Stiles defends.

Derek scoffs, "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott acknowledges.

"How did you find him?" Stiles wonders.

The man sighs, "Look the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

Stiles looks at him in disgust, "Our chemistry teacher?"

"Why him?" Scott inquires.

Derek shruggs, "I don't know yet."

"What's the second?"

"Some kind of symbol." Derek says, pulling out a piece of paper that had a drawing on it. It looks like a pendant with a dog or some kind of animal with the sun at the top of it. Scott glances at him, a knowing look in his eyes before he turns his eyes back to the road.

Derek quirks an eyebrow, "What? You know what this is?"

Scott bites his lip nervously, "I've seen it... on a necklace. Allison's necklace."

The bell rings as the last group of students hurry into Mrs. Ramsey's English class. Scott enters the classroom, seeing a seat behind Allison and goes for it. But someone from the other aisle puts hands on the desk before he can sit down.

"Try another row, sweetheart." Lydia says with a condescending smile. Cody snorts as he's sat behind Lydia's desk. Scott slumps into a seat diagonally behind Allison with an annoyed look on his face.

"You didn't have to do that." Allison says, turning to Lydia.

"You need an ex-boyfriend buffer for a little while." Lydia replies, sending a look at Cody which makes him furrow his brows in confusion.

"Allison..." Scott calls. Cody watches him lean forward, practically falling out of his chair to whisper to her.

Allison turns her body halfway, barely looking at him. "Hey. Class is beginning." She murmurs.

Scott nods, "I know, and I'll shut up. I just wanted to you some stuff I had on my phone. Thought you might like it."

Allison gives an uncomfortable nod as Mrs. Ramsey begins class. "All right, I'd like to return to our discussion from yesterday with a more in depth analysis of Iago and the way in which he preyed upon Othello's jealousies..." The teacher starts.