convincing

"wake up," I whispered, kissing sodapop's cheek. "I'm up," he said, wrapping his arms around me. "I have to go home today," he said, pulling me closer. "no," I frowned. "I wanna go with you,"

"I know I wish you could doll," he said. "how much convincing would it take for your dad to let you?"

"a lot," I said. suddenly, he jolted up. "what?!" I asked. he looked at me wide eyed. "what?" I repeated. "I have something that'll convince him," he said. "tell me!" I said. "well, I don't want you to be upset that I didn't tell you sooner," he said. "I won't just tell me love," I said.

"well your mom was on my flight, she sat right next to me," he said. "she's in london?" I asked and he nodded. "that would convince him," I said.

"plus I'm 18 now," I added. "I'm still sad I missed it," he frowned. "wasn't your fault darling, it's ok, but that would convince him," I said. "you really think so?" he asked and I nodded. I stood up and opened the door. "put on a shirt and meet me in the kitchen," I said.

my dad and jackson were sitting at the counter when I walked in. "what're you scheming?" my dad asked. "what? I just walked in," I said. "you have the look on your face, you aren't going back to oklahoma with him today if that's why you're looking at me like that," he said.

soda walked in and I looked at him. "just hear us out," I said. "finley I mean it you aren't going," he said. "would it change your mind if I told you eliana is in london?" soda asked.

"what do you mean she's in london?" my dad asked. "she sat next to me on the plane, she said she wouldn't bother any of you, but she's here and I don't know for how long," he replied. my dad looked at me in deep thought. "you really want to go back there?" he asked. "more than anything, I know you hate me and that I'm a terrible daughter and you wish I was never born, but please just do this one thing for me," I pleaded.

"finley I don't hate you," he sighed. "you're my only daughter, you've just always been so much like her and the second I lost her," he paused. "you reminded me so much of her, it was so hard to look you in the eye, and I know that'll never be an excuse for how awful I am and all the rubbish I put you through, but it's never been your fault," he said.

"I'm sorry,"

I looked at soda and back at my dad. "does that mean I can go?" I asked. "I'll buy you a one way, go start packing," he said. I jumped up and ran over to hug him. "thank you thank you thank you!" I said.

time skip

stepping out of the airport in tulsa might just be one of the most refreshing things ever. soda and I got a taxi and they drove us back to his house. when we walked in all the guys looked up from the couch. "the hell are you doing here?" dally asked. "good to see you too dal," I said. "FINLEY!" two-bit yelled and jumped on me. I wasn't expecting it and fell to the ground.

"hi two-bit," I laughed. everyone, and I mean everyone, piled on top of me. "I missed you gits too, but get the hell off of me," I said and they all stood up. "so does that mean you're here for good?" ponyboy asked. "I have to go see my gran before it's final, but as far as I'm concerned yes," I replied.

he cheered and all the guys joined in except for dally. "don't act like you aren't excited dal," soda said. dally stood up and smirked. "just don't get her pregnant," he said as he walked out.

soda smiled and kissed my head. "you wanna go to your grans?" he whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist as he stood behind me. I nodded. "we'll be back later, goin to her grans now," soda announced. "don't do anything stupid," darry said. "got it," soda replied as he held the door open for
me.

once we got to my grans I knocked on the door. once it opened it was my grandpa. "finley?!" he said. "hi grandpa," I smiled. "amelia! finley is back!" he said and called for gran. he gave me a hug and grabbed one of my bags. "I knew she would be," gran said and dragged soda and I inside. she hugged me so tight I thought I might pop.

"ok gran, I missed you too but I can't breathe," I said and she released me from the hug. I laughed and kissed the top of her head since she was short than I was.

"are you here for good?" she asked and I nodded. "I don't have a plan, but I'm figuring it out as I go, dads changing my address to here," I said. "we'll help you in anyway you need hun," she said. "thank you," I said. "we already ate but I can whip up some mac n cheese?" grandpa asked. I looked at soda right as his stomach rumbled loudly. "I'll take that as a yes!" grandpa said. I laughed and nodded. "that would be lovely thanks grandpa," I said.

"go get settled back in dear, we'll give you a shout when it's ready," she said. "thank you," I said and took my bags upstairs. I laid down on my bed and soda laid next to me.

"never leave again," he said and ran his fingers through my knotted hair. "I'm not going anywhere love," I replied. "me either," he smiled and leaned down to kiss me. "I love you," he said. "I love you too,"

a/n: i can't write for the life of me rn so here's a short lame chapter