6 - Time alone

It was getting closer to midnight, and Aelia still wasn't back. Felix was going crazy with guilt. Woo was furious and San worried sick. Jongho and Yeosang were out driving around to see if they might see her.

«The fuck!» Woo said for the umpteenth time that night. He was pacing the kitchen floor, not making himself useful. Minho was baking, and Jisung was helping him, but everyone was aware of how worried Woo, San, Yeo, and Jongho were. Felix was far beyond worried.

«She'll be fine,» Minho said when Woo opened and closed the fridge once again, without getting anything out or putting anything in. «She just needs to be alone. She hasn't been alone for months. I get that.»

«Do you need time alone?» Jisung asked Minho, looking at him with worried eyes.

«I might eventually. But not yet.»

«Okay. Let me know when you do?»

Minho nodded and gave Jisung a quick smile. Not too many got to see that smile, and Jisung appreciated every single one of them.

«Maybe we should go to bed,» San tried to say. He was sitting by the kitchen table just watching everyone.

«That's the worst idea I've ever heard,» Woo snapped. San nodded.

«I know, babe, but she might not be back tonight.»

«I won't be able to sleep before I know where she is,» Woo whispered, letting San pull him onto his lap.

«You might have to, my love. She is free to do whatever she wants to do. Some need to try it out before we're able to help them.»

«She might be cold, or hungry, or scared...»

Woo hid his face against San's neck and let the tears out.

When Woo's phone made a ding, everyone in the room went silent. Woo opened the phone quickly. His hands were shaking.

«What does it say?» San asked impatiently.

«It's from Yeo. It says they found her, she's safe and they're all coming home now.»

Aelia barely lifted her head when she came in the door behind Yeo and Jongho. Woo wanted to hug her, but he didn't. They respected her boundaries. Felix however, didn't hold back. He threw himself around her neck crying.

«I w-was so w-worried,» he hiccuped.

«I'm sorry.» Aelia tried to hide her own tears. «I'm sorry for worrying all of you. I didn't know the way back.»

«It's okay, Aelia,» San said, as he knew Woo shouldn't say anything when he was in this state. He would likely regret whatever slipped out at this point. «We're just happy you're okay. Are you hungry?»

«Jongho bought me food on the way back,» she said. «If it's okay, I'll just take a hot shower and go to bed. I'm tired.»

«Of course.» San smiled warmly at her. «Sleep tight. We'll have breakfast together in the morning, right?»

«Yes. Thank you.»

She hurried up the stairs, not looking at anyone. She felt bad now that she saw how worried they had been. Every single one of them were still up, even Jisung and Minho who didn't even have any responsibility for her. She felt horrible about worrying Felix.

When Aelia got out of the shower, it didn't take long before there was a careful knock on her door. It was Felix. His eyes were red, and the look on his face made Aelia's heart cry out in pain.

«I'm sorry, Lixie,» she said, tears already rolling down her face.

«Can I sleep in here?» he whispered, drying his face, trying to be brave and failing miserably.

«Yes, please.»

Felix fell asleep almost immediately. Poor thing, he was exhausted. The night before he had slept on the floor outside her door, and tonight she had kept him awake with worry. She felt awful. She kept his hand in hers even after he fell asleep. It felt safe to have him there. Felix had such a pure soul. She might not trust him yet, but that was just how things had to be right now. Out of all the people she had met after leaving the Mansion, Felix was the one she felt the closest to. At this point, he was the only one she could potentially see herself trusting. But not yet. She did however feel safe sleeping in the same bed as him. He even offered some comfort. Aelia too fell asleep eventually.