23 - you look different

How had it not come up before? They had talked about their former masters, but names were sort of taboo. Both their slave names and their master's names. Aelia knew for sure she had never mentioned Seonghwa by name to anyone after being freed. It wasn't strange that the same went for Felix. From the things they had discussed Aelia had never seen any connection between her former master and Felix's.

«Aelia?» Changbin had finally connected the dots, and after a quick glance at the nurse in the reception, he came over to her. «Aelia!»

He seemed to want to give her a hug, but Aelia stepped back. He put his arms down and stopped in front of her.

«You're here.»

«Yes. So are you.»

The attitude in her words wasn't lost on him.

«Yeah. You... you look different.»

Aelia lifted her eyebrows. «Stop it,» she hissed, but it was too late.

As soon as Felix laid eyes on Changbin he had no will of his own. His master was here. He walked towards his Binnie talking to Aelia. Binnie only had eyes for Aelia, it was like he knew her. The way he said her name... He had spoken it before. Felix had a really bad feeling about this.

As he got closer to Aelia's back he heard Changbin's beautiful voice. It felt so familiar, so safe, yet Felix was scared. As Aelia hissed to Binnie, Felix came up to them, so close he could touch them both. Aelia closed her eyes, she felt guilty.

«How do you know each other?» Felix asked.

Changbin's world moved in slow motion. Aelia was there. She looked nothing like before, but he had no problem recognizing her. And then a much more familiar voice appeared. He moved to look at him, and as his eyes found the beauty that was Felix, he found it hard to breathe. His mind couldn't take it all in. Changbin fell to his knees, helplessly staring up at the boy.

«Lixie?»

«How do you know each other?!» Felix asked again, his deep voice even stronger than before. He first looked at Changbin, then Aelia. «Tell me!»

Aelia had tears falling down her face now and Felix knew something terrible had happened.

«We met at the Mansion,» Aelia said, her voice trembling. «He was friends with my master, I think.»

«Is this true?» Felix said, looking down at the mess that was the renowned dr Seo.

«Yes, Lixie.»

«Who was Aelia's master?»

«Park Seonghwa, Lixie.»

Aelia looked at the two of them, shocked by the dynamic she was witnessing. This was not what she would ever have expected.

«And what was her slave name?»

«L-lush,» Changbin said, hesitating to take the word in his mouth.

Aelia furrowed her brow as she looked between the two of them. Felix was staring down at Changbin who was still on his knees in front of him.

«Lixie,» Changbin finally said. «I missed you.»

Felix swallowed hard, and finally, Aelia recognized the sensitive man, her friend.

«Did you miss me, Lixie?»

Felix had tears brimming when he did a quick nod. Changbin broke down sobbing, clinging to his legs.