34 - Dungeons

*Flashback*

«Hey. Lush. Time to wake up.»

«I'm sorry, master,» she mumbled, not able to get up at all. She opened her eyes a little, avoiding his eyes, of course. Even in this weak state, she remembered the rules.

«I brought you soup, Lush.»

«Thank you, master.»

«Try to eat a little.»

«It's okay, master,» she mumbled, probably not quite aware of what she was saying.

«What do you mean?»

«It doesn't hurt anymore. I'm used to not eating now. I can go a little longer, so I'll get a little thinner.»

*End of flashback*

Seonghwa had fallen asleep with his head leaning against the car window. He woke up to tires screeching. It was chaos within seconds. The car was pressed up against another car, the passenger side was impossible to exit. Empty cars were blocking the entire road.

«Get out!» Changbin shouted from the front seat. Felix was crawling over the mid-console to get out the door that Changbin had just exited.

«Come on!»

Aelia was screaming at Seonghwa who was confused as he looked at her. She was standing outside the door, reaching out for him.

«Seonghwa, hurry!» she sobbed, they could hear people were closing up on them. «It's an ambush!» she babbled as she tried to open his seatbelt, desperately clawing at it.

«Aelia, we have to go!» Changbin yelled, pulling on both Felix and Aelia.

«No, I can't loosen his belt,» Aelia cried.

«Just go,» Seonghwa said, not quite sure what was going on.

«No!»

«We'll find you,» Changbin said to Seonghwa, before picking Aelia up and throwing her over his shoulder. He carried her away, straight into the woods, with Felix helping him as best he could. Seonghwa looked at where they disappeared into the darkness. Aelia. He had heard her yelling furiously at Changbin to put her down, but now the sound was gone. They had shut her up somehow. Or she had realized that this was for the best.

It was.

Seonghwa, still dazed from the impact and the sudden awakening, saw how masked gunmen were closing up on the car. In a moment of panic, he desperately tried to open his seatbelt, but it really was stuck. He didn't stop pulling on it till he had a gun pointing through the door, directly at him.

He was cut loose and pulled out of the car, and then made to sit on the asphalt, kneeling.

«Well, well, well...»

Seonghwa looked up when he recognized a voice. He kept his face neutral, even though hope for a second flared up in him.

«If it isn't the slave master himself,» Hyunjin said, walking towards him. «I was hoping for a better catch, but okay. You'll do.»

«What do you want?»

«What do I want? I want Aelia, that's what I want.»

«She's gone.»

«Is she now,» Hyunjin scoffed. «We'll see about that.»