Chapter 6

Here they were sitting on the couch, watching tv after packing away Edas belongings in the spare room that sat opposite Serkans room.

"So we have the fun of not only telling our parents that we're pregnant but also living together as friends?" Eda asked with a laugh knowing how insane this is.

"Yeah seems about right" he turned the television down.

"Oooh I'm not looking forward to it at all" she groaned stretching over the side of the couch exposing her breast making Serkan gulp and look away.

"Should we do it as a group? Maybe get them all together and just do it like ripping off a bandaid?" He laughed.

"It might be easier. Plus our parents get on right?" She shrugged.

"Yeah it would work" he nodded nerve going wild.

"Okay let's do it. You call your mum and Kemel and I'll call my mum and dad" she said nervously playing with her phone.

"On three"

They both called their parents nervously telling them both they needed to talk and to meet at Aydens next Wednesday. They agreed.

————

Wednesday came quicker than expected as they all sat in the garden of Aydens looking at each other. Serkan and Eda sitting next to each other.

"So?" Aylin Edas mum spoke.

"What's going on children? Why are we all here?" Ayden.

"Well um" Serkan spoke before looking at Eda then back to his parents.

"We have some news" she looked at their empty faces.

"Your together!" Ayden threw her hands to her mouth excitedly

"Will we be in laws?" Aylin sat up excitedly too.

"Calm calm calm down no nothing like that but maybe...grandparents" Eda whispered the last part.

All in shock especially Edas dad Mustafa.

"Eda Yildiz are you pregnant?" Her dad asked seriously.

Both nodding "Yes" Serkan and Eda responded in unison.

"That's amazing news when the wedding?" Ayden asked again over excited now.

"We're not"

"Your not getting married?" Aylin said.

"No we're not together" Serkan shrugged.

"You need to get married children you can't have this child out of wedlock" Ayden spoke again

"Mum please"

"Ayden Serkan is right stop. They are both adults. Clearly something has happened for them to not be in a relationship but whatever it is they are having a baby and I'm guessing are going to raise this as civilised friends?"

It sounded even crazier coming out of his dads mouth.

"Yes Dad. Thankyou" Serkan nodded

"That's craziness" Aylin shook her head

"Eda we thought you were smarter than that! Plus you too are great together what's the issue?" Aylin spoke again

"Eda is a smart girl dear. So I trust her decision in this. It's not like we done it the right way either so who are we to judge" Mustafa agreed.

"Thankyou dad" She smiled not expecting this from her dad.

They continued to speak and although not all happy about the arrangement they accepted that they were going to be grandparents all hoping deep down that they two would figure out that they loved each other and could actually be a family but until then they all agreed and offered to be there for them both during this time.