Chapter 17

8 months pregnant

After the pregnancy scare Eda and Serkan both took a little while to get back to normal. Eda finally gave in to Serkans rules on eating a little healthier however it didn't stop her from sneaking the odd bowl of chocolate ice cream here and there, after all Serkan couldn't say no to those deer eyes of heres especially with the pout. He made sure that she joined him in the gym or atleast the pool for a little exercise. Serkan took over a lot of projects on the agreement that Eda rested.

Eda now eight months pregnant felt much healthier but besides that she felt useless. Growing a tiny human was both magical and exhausting. Her feet were swollen twenty four seven , she could no longer bend down when she dropped something which resulted in a frustrated kick and what she assumed Serkan picking up when he got home.

That was when he actually got home. Yes they had agreed that she rested, so that's what she did but that didn't stop her from working on her laptop, the bump creating a perfect stand. However Serkan taking on projects meant him leaving before she woke up and coming home when she had already passed out.

When they had agreed he had gone on business trips to cover some of their overseas projects but even then they spoke more on the phone FaceTiming when he could. There was more communication then, then there is now. The odd text to make sure she was okay but besides that she hardly saw him anymore.

And their sex life. That was a whole different story. Non stop work meant no together time. Even though her hormones were raging the last time she had actually seen serkans body was when they went to the gym or swimming together and even that was a month ago. A whole month without sex was depressing. Pregnant, no sex and nothing to do but watch tv, draw up a few projects and trying to get up from the sofa wasn't her image of a fun life.

Kiraz was growing healthy that was the main thing. It didn't stop her from moving every moment she could. Like her father she always had bad timing. Going to sleep? Kick time. Just managed to sit down? Kick the bladder time. Best one yet standing in a que in the shops? Oh it's pee time mama. She would definitely have her mothers legs that's for sure but the attitude she could sense already was all Serkan.

Serkan on the other hand didn't even realise how much he'd been avoiding Eda, not intentionally but he had. He was up to his eyeballs in work. It was slowly calming down due to maternity leave approaching but still he was so close to having the house finished, that had another week before he could show Eda. They had agreed to stay in the apartment as the smell of paint was sickening for her and the noise wasn't great for a constantly tired pregnant woman. They had finished the projects in Bodrum, Mardin and Antalya however they had taken on five more to hit above quota. Piril and Engin had taken on two and Serkan with Edas help had managed to finish two but one was left. The biggest. Mr Ovali was the most indecisive man he knew. One minute he wanted an infinity pool the next no pool, rooftop garden then no rooftop garden. No matter how much Serkan changed and redrew Mr Ovali was never happy, this was his reason to late nights and early mornings. It was never ending and all he wanted was to spend time with Eda. To think of it he realised that he hadn't really spent much time with Eda in a long time.

"How's it going?" Engin entered the office, filed in his hand.

Serkans hands were through his hair.

"I never give up Engin but I don't know what else to do to please this man" he huffed.

"He seems like the kind. Have you spoken to Ed? She could probably help you know she's always got the smarter ideas and our customers usually give in to her straight away" he shrugged.

"No I can't stress her out" he shook his head

"Brother, she's your girlfriend, the mother of your child , it's Eda for crying out loud. She will help. Just ask her I'm sure she's bored as hell" he laughed.