Chapter 4

Crying some more she remembered she had to call Britney and his friends. Some of his friends took it ok and the others you could hear in their voice that they were tearing up. Britney started crying on the phone and after she calmed down she said that she would be over the next day. That night Tris didn't get any sleep mostly because she was all alone and the only person who ever cared about her was gone, her savior, her best friend, her older brother, and her family. She was thinking about all the good moments and even the bad ones, especially their last fight. But something didn't add up like him speeding on a dark curvy road because she knew her brother would never try to risk his life especially if he had a little sister that was expecting him back home. He promised that he would be back that night and she knew he would never break his promises to do something that would cause him his life. Tris knew for sure that her brother would not leave her alone, it just didn't add up. Before going to sleep she said " I promise I will find my way back to you" Finally letting sleep take over she dreamed. The next day she woke up and went to the bathroom, looking at herself in the mirror she saw her puffy red eyes from crying almost all night, she saw the dried up tear streaks and her messy black and purple hair. But what really stood out while she was looking in the mirror was her brown eyes, they were now dull. Their sparkle was gone.A lone tear ran down her cheek but she quickly wiped it and looked away. Taking a deep breath and walking to her room but not before shutting her brother's door. After taking a depressing shower and putting on comfy clothes she went to the kitchen and made her some eggs and toast. While eating she called Britney and told her not to come because she just wanted to be alone. When they hung up, Tris couldn't help but to go back to the questions she had from last night, she started to have a little hope that her brother was not dead, that somebody probably faked his death but then why would they. Hurrying to finish eating she ran to her brother's room to investigate. First she started looking through his desk in the far left corner.She checked the top, in the drawers, and around it and she couldn't find anything. She checked his closet , through his clothes, in his boxes, on the top and bottom shelves and still nothing. She then searched his bathroom and again nothing. Almost giving up she remembered somewhere she forgot to check. So she went to his bed and checked under his pillow and came up empty so she sat on the bed and went to his nightstand and checked his drawers. The first draw was good but the second one was not, underneath all the paper was a gun." Why would he have this" Tris said shockingly. Looking through the papers she found a white paper that had bank transactions that was dated back to two months ago , when he started acting weird. Looking deeper in the drawer she found a secret compartment that had envelopes filled with money " This has to be at least 9,000 dollars here" Tris whispered, getting the papers, the money, and gun she went to the kitchen.