★𝓦𝓮𝓭𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰★

When you rose from bed you were startled to see your mother in your room, "What the fuck?" You questioned, still not quite awake, otherwise the words wouldn't leave your lips infront if your mother

She hissed, "Do not be so crude."

You rolled your eyes, standing from the bed, "What brings you to my room before the sun even has risen?"

She looked at you, bored, "It is your wedding day. You will depart to Dragonstone in mere hours."

Your heart stopped for a moment, in your sleep ridden state you had all but forgotten, "Of course, not quite awake yet," you excused, "Thank you for assisting me in getting ready," you said quieter.

She smiled, kindly, "I would not imagine doing anything else," she kissed your forehead softly, "Now, let's get you in the bath?" You nodded, following your mother.

In your bathroom a bath had already been drawn, the water steaming visibly. You hissed as you sank in, the water hot. You sat, allowing your mother to wash your back softly, eyes falling closed, still exhausted in the early morning. The water and her soft touch lulled you into a relaxed state.

"Now, sweet girl, we must have a conversation I dread," you tensed under her touch, understanding what was coming.

You shook your head, "Mother, we really don't need to. I have read books," you assured.

She sighed, "I had no mother to speak to me, I went in blind. I don't want you to as well," you gave your mother this, despite not wanting it, and despite the pit in your stomach.

"Tonight, you will have no bedding ceremony," the memory of her fighting against you stung like a wound being freshly cleaned with alcohol, "I do not know how kind the Prince will be, but as your mother I must prepare you for the worst," your heart hurt for the little girl hurt by such an old man, "I'm sure you've read of it, but it will hurt. It's like being ripped open from the inside," you winced, "Eventually, with time, and a kind husband you may find pleasure in it yourself, but prepare for tonight. I'm sorry you must endure pain first," she promised, hands soft on your skin, "The good of it is that the act will bring you children," she paused, "I'm sure you're aware of where his seed must go?"