𝕸𝖞 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞, 𝖒𝖞 𝖇𝖆𝖇𝖞

You were sitting staring at the wall when your mother burst into the room. She was wearing black, and her auburn hair stood out starkly against the fabric, especially as it laid down, curls flying everywhere as she rushed in. She was breathing heavily as she made her way to you. She sat at your side, pulling you into her, arms wrapping around you instantly. From her panicked demeanor, and the way she clung to you, it seemed Rhaenyra had already told her about your, circumstances.

"Oh my sweet, sweet girl, everything will be alright," she soothed, or at least attempted to.

"How, Mother?" You argued, leaning into her side, "I don't know how to be a mother. I cannot raise this child alone as you did. I cannot be you, the Queen to an unloving King, a pawn in a stupid game. I cannot," you cried.

"You will not. You will not be alone. I will be by your side until my last breath," she pulled your face to hers, eyes boring into yours, "Do you hear me? You will never be alone," you nodded, tears streaming down your face, "Jacaerys will not be like Viserys. He will love your child, I can promise you that. And all their aunts and uncles will kill for them," her hand rested on your lower stomach, though nothing had changed yet, it still sat in the same shape as before, "All their cousins will adore them, their grandmothers and grandfather, we'll all be here for you and the babe. You will not be alone," she repeated, as she brought her hands to your face again, squishing your cheeks, "You will not be me."

You realized the weight of your words, the cruelty in pointing out that you didn't want to suffer her same fate, but it was the truth, and the words could not be taken back once they had been said, "I'm sorry, that was cruel, to compare myself to you," you sighed, resting your face in her hands, "I love you Mother."

"It was not cruel," she promised, wiping your tears, "My grandchildren will not face the same cruelty in me or their own parents. I was not always the best mother, I will admit that," she looked sad as she said it, "You will be better than me though, and Jace will be much better than your father. Your children will not be you, and you will not be me," she promised, and then referenced your last words, "I love you too, sweet girl."

You took a breath before speaking again, bringing up another of your many worries, "I don't know how to be a mother," you repeated the unaddressed worry from before.

"None of us do," she assured, "But, you're so good with your nephews and nieces. You already have practice. It will be alright," she promised, she grinned a little, playfulness dancing in her eyes, "Besides, I have given you a book on what not to do haven't I?"

You snorted at her words, but self-destruction took joys place as you spoke again, "I have to raise them to be the future ruler of the Seven Realms," you sighed, "I don't know how to be that myself, much less how to raise a child to be that."

She smoothed the wrinkles on your forehead, "Your job is to make them a good person first. You will let us help with raising them to be a good ruler," she leaned her forehead against yours, "Besides, you're doing so well as hand already my sweet girl. You will be a wonderful Queen."

"I have down nothing of importance," you argued, scowling.

She pulled away from you, confused look on her face, "That is not true. Midwives are moving into the Keep as we speak. Stations of theirs are opening up all over the city," she smiled, "Who do you think did that?" She grinned at your surprised face.

You were breathless, having not known that, "I did not know that. How did I miss that?"

"Rhaenyra has been doing it quietly, as to not create upset," she explained.