𝕷𝖔𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖒𝖞𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖋, 𝖔𝖍 𝖒𝖞 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖓 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙!

Alicent stood in her room, her hands shaking, and the rest of her body wracked with sobs. Everyone in the Keep quickly became aware of the Dowager Queen and the Princesses' fight. Whether it was the slamming doors, you running from the Keep, or the screaming, she remained unaware.

Either way, Rhaenyra was the first to appear at Alicent's door, Jacaerys not far behind, wanting to find the other half of the pair, not caring for his Mother-In-Law, but rather searching for his wife.

Despite tearing each other to shreds days before, Rhaenyra was pained to see Alicent in such a state, so wrecked. She walked in and took her friend's hands, stopping her from peeling her skin anymore. Alicent's hands were a wreck, dripping blood, staining her green dress with red.

"What happened? Practically the entire Keep could hear the two of you screaming at eachother?" The Queen coaxed softly.

Alicent replied simply, "We got in a fight. She ran off after," evading the question entirely, pinning the blame.

Rhaenyra was unsatisfied, her brows furrowed, "You two fight all the time. You clash like oil and water. What was different about this?"

Alicent shook her head, "I can't," tears running down her face.

Rhaenyra took her friend's face in her hands, wiping the tears, "Ali it's me. You are hurt. Let me shoulder your burden," she seemed unconvinced so Rhaenyra continued, "You're not alone anymore, my love."

Alicent cried into her shoulder, the floodgates open. Jacaerys stood awkwardly to the side, only wanting to find the Princess, but he did not dare interrupt the two Queens.

Finally, the widow spoke from her friend's shoulder, "Rhaenyra, she knows," she whispered.

Jacaerys paused for a second, confused, as was his mother apparently, "What does that mean Ali?" She asked softly.

Alicent only looked at her pathetically, eyes wide and pleading, as she continued to cry, all Rhaenyra could mutter was, "Oh."

"Mother, what is happening? Is the Princess ok?" He panicked. Alicent was here sobbing and he had no idea what was going on, where you were.

She looked at him with a small smile, eyes full of pity, "She is ok Jace. Finding out family secrets is never easy," he stared at her oddly, and she rolled her eyes, waiting for it to click for her son.

Jacaerys' eyes widened with understanding when he realized only one thing could make both you and your mother so upset. The conversation about the Old Gods and your appearance came flooding back to him. The fact that you did not know had surprised him, but denial was strong. You did not hear the same whispers he used to. The pain of finding this out was one he knew well, and he ached to find you.

He was surprised that his mother kept Alicent so close, despite the hypocrisy of it all. She spoke so much against his mother for her indiscretions, when she had the same ones. Their relationship was something he would never be able to understand. He hated the woman, for all the hurt she'd caused. But he pitied her, and the role she was forced in. And as he couldn't blame his mother, he could not blame yours for what she did to keep her family safe.

But now, he may be the only person to know where you were, for you had shown him. He didn't bother wishing the mothers goodbye as he left the room, running through the Keep in much the same manner his wife did earlier in the night.

A few floors above the Targaryen siblings alongside, Lucerys Velaryon, sat in Helaena's room, speaking of what the two could be fighting about. Panic filling the siblings bones, worry for their sister outweighing anything they felt for their mother.