Till Death Do Us Part (Shanks x Y/n)

I've officially started working on my book! Okay that's all, byee.

Shank's Pov:

' I hope we arrive on time, that storm really pushed us back... '

As I walked across the deck to the mast, I noticed my darling y/n. It's been a long time since I asked her out... hopefully she'll say yes to the next big question. ' Ah, she's spaced out, as usual. ' I wrapped my arm around her waist from behind while putting my head on her shoulder. She jumped a bit then looked towards her shoulder and smiled when she saw me.

" Hey, whatcha need Love? " She asked in her perfect voice.

I shrugged and a lopsided smile found its way to my lips. " Nothing, just wanted to see the love of my life. " Then I chuckled at the blush on her cheeks. " Are you excited to go back to your favorite f/s (favorite season) island? "

She grinned and nodded her head as she turned in my grasp and wrapped her arms around my neck. " Of course! I'm not sure why we're going back so soon though. Didn't you say we wouldn't be back this way for a while? "

" Well, yes, but a man can change his mind. I like seeing you happy and this island makes you happy so, may as well come back. " I smiled.

" Aww that's so sweet, see this is why I love you. " She pecked me on the lips then stepped back and turned her gaze to the horizon.

My eyes stayed on her for a while before I too looked at the horizon. The sun was setting and cast vibrant reds, yellows, oranges and even some purple across the sky. I found out how much y/n loved sunsets soon after we met. She was laying on the roof of a hotel watching the sunset when I found her. We sat and talked for a long time and then laid down to look at the stars together. A soft chuckle escaped my lips as I remembered that was the night, I had asked her to be my girlfriend. It just slipped out honestly, I had meant to ask her differently but it all worked out in the end so who am I to judge, I guess.

" C'mon babe, let's go get some dinner. " I said and she turned towards me.

" Alright, then afterwards can we- "

" Yes, we can sit and look at the stars. " I interrupted her as I knew she was going to ask that.

She giggled and smiled then took my hand and walked with me to the dining room where the rest of the crew was gathered.

* Time skip to when they arrive at the island *

Y/n's Pov:

Though I did find it slightly odd that Shanks decided to return to this island when we were originally headed in the opposite direction, I was glad we came back. I loved this island from the moment we docked here. The weather was always just how I liked it, the people were nice, except... there was this group of bandits we had a run in last time we came. They probably left though, we beat them pretty good.

I smiled at the memory and focused back in on reality when I heard someone yell. " There she is! " And sure enough, there it was, i/n (island name, idk what island type yall chose so I couldn't rlly name it yk?)

Shanks walks up and stands beside me. " We're going to be here for about a week, so let's make sure you have the best week ever! " He grinned and wrapped his arm around me waist.

I leaned my head on his shoulder. " Any amount of time on this island is amazing. " A sigh escaped my lips as I smiled towards the island.

As the ship anchored at the south side of the island I grabbed Shanks hand and looked up at his face. He looked down at me and smiled, I tiptoed and whispered something in his ear. His smile turned into a smirk and he nodded.