Chapter 9 (Final Event: Unveiling The Mystery)

IV-CHRYSOBERYL

CHAPTER 9

(FINAL EVENT: UNVEILING THE MYSTERY)

5:30

After Isabel left the ground floor Christian woke up from his unconscious state.

"Ugh. . ." Christian groaned

He stood up and searched for is pockets. The deck of cards is long gone and his card is lying on the ground from when he stood up. He realized it and picked up his card the Ace of Spades.

He went to the room where he took the deck of cards and saw Michael lying on the ground barely alive along with Juby and Ayen's corpse.

"What happened here?" Christian asked Michael who is bleeding on the ground.

"Y-you're not even going to help?" Michael asked.

"I don't think you're even going to survive with my help" Christian answered.

"Fair enough . . . When I got here those two are already dead. Isabel stabbed me and that's pretty much all of it." Michael explained while Christian look at Juby and Ayen's card

"Jack of Spades and Queen of Clubs . . . I won't get anywhere with just this. What's your card?" Christian asked

"You're not even trying to threaten me, what makes you think I would do that?" Michael asked in a condescending tone.

"Well you're bound to die sooner or later do you want it to be sooner?" Christian asked.

"No, tip though you can use the helmet and move the corpse around." Michael answered as he show his card to Christian.

"King of Hearts huh. And. . .why would I want to do that?" Christian asked.

"Use it to move around, others would assumed you're dead. I used earlier but Isabel saw through me, just a friendly tip before I die." Michael explained with a grin on his face.

"Thanks, anyways should I kill you now?" Christian asked while he picks up the lead pipe on the ground.

"Nah, just leave me here." Michael answered as while putting pressure on his wound.

Christian left the room and took the lead pipe with him. He took a knife that he dropped from the hallway earlier. He headed to the library and saw the corpses that they heard in the discussion in the second floor.

The entire library is lit even though it's kind of dim. In the most inner part of the library is Loui along with the photos and a marker in his hand.

"I knew you'd be here. Are you still going on about it?" Christian said as he walks up to Loui who is scribbling something on the floor.

"If you want my card it's right there." Loui said as he pointed to his card right below Christian's feet.

"King of Spades . . . are you sure, I might be a JOKER you know." Christian asked

"It's fine. No one would be able to complete the entire suit or set anyway. Barry also stopped by earlier." Loui explained as he goes on of what he's doing.

"So finding the hunting dog is the only way?" Christian asked

"Yeah, that bastard's going down Assuming you're here you don't have the deck of cards."

"No but I manage to get my hands on it once. It's kind of thick compared to the deck on the third floor it must be the cover."

"No, I don't think it's the cover that's making it thick. It must be filled with everyone's name. " Loui explained.