08. you look pretty today.

Kim Seokjin noticed that Jeon Jungkook hasn't stopped smiling since they'd returned from Hawaii, which said a lot because it was already over a week and the South Korean budget was being announced soon (and unfortunately was not something to be happy about). He doesn't mean to pry but can't help it after eight days. 

"So what happened between you and her in Hawaii that has you on cloud nine?" He questions as they walk out of a meeting room.

Jeon Jungkook looks at him in surprise, eyes widening in shock, "... wh— I don't know what you mean."

"You're a bad liar," the older gentleman comments as they arrive at his office, closing the door behind him, "... spill, I want to know. Wait— don't tell me you two are an item alre—"

"No, it's not like that!" Jeon Jungkook is quick to comment.

"But you wish it was, huh?" Kim Seokjin teases, raising his brows almost annoyingly at him.

To his surprise, the President sighs before sitting down on the couch, laying his back against it, "... she came to my room on the last night and gave me melon buns."

Kim Seokjin wonders whether the melon buns were that good, after all, he'd always gotten food for the President and not once did he ever smile so much!

"And we spoke," he continues, "... until almost midnight. She said it was a shame that I had such strict security because she would've loved to have shown me around the island."

Kim Seokjin responds, "... but you know right? She knows the island well because she goes often for her anniver—"

"I know that," he interrupts, glaring at him, "... but the fact she wanted to show me around, don't you think it means something?" 

Kim Seokjin simply nods, and in a way, he's sure that it does mean something.

"Well, have you asked her about it? Her relationship, I mean," he asks.

Jeon Jungkook shakes his head before he gets up, walking to his cabinet and reaching for the small bracelet that was in his drawer, "... I've kept this since I was young. It was hers, I want to return it to her."

Kim Seokjin thinks that it's really cheesy.

Yet he also can't wait to report back to Kim Jisoo.

-

"I met your father last night," Park Chaeyoung comments as she sits beside him as he reads through the script she'd sent him the night before.

Jeon Jungkook freezes, brows lifting in complete confusion.

"My father?" He reconfirms.

She nods.

"My parents are in Seoul this week because they want to look at some property so they stayed the night with me," she begins to explain casually, "... we went for dinner, and my father invited you too. In the end, my mother and I were third wheeling your father and mine, they're literally best friends." 

Ah. 

Suddenly he realises why last night his father invited him over for dinner suddenly. At the time, he declined.

"He invited me and my parents to his house for dinner tonight, are you coming?" She confirms his suspicions. 

"Of course," he replies, making a mental note to inform his father that he suddenly was able to come, "... I'll see you tonight then." 

Park Chaeyoung nods. 

For a moment, Jeon Jungkook puts the papers down before reaching for his cabinet, taking out the bracelet which was well taken care of.

"I found this last night when I was clearing out some things," he tells her casually.

A fat lie.

Park Chaeyoung's eyes light up, mouth dropping in surprise.

"Is that my bracelet?" She exclaims, a glimmer of joy in her face.

He nods as he gives it to her.

"It doesn't fit me anymore," she notices, "... if only I'd gotten this years ago, I would've saved myself from being yelled at by my mother." 

She chuckles. 

He can't help but smile too.

She quickly gets up from the seat before excusing herself, noticing the time, "... I have another meeting so I'll excuse myself now, please let me know through email if there are any revisions that need to be made." 

Jeon Jungkook gets up, to politely see her out the door.

"By the way," he notices as she turns to look at him, "... you look pretty today." 

She blushes, holding onto the small bracelet inside of her palm tightly.

-

Kim Jisoo notices that Park Chaeyoung has been looking in the mirror nonstop since she came back from the President's office.

Her eyes widen, "... don't tell me you guys made out?!"

She doesn't know whether to be happy or horrified. 

Park Chaeyoung turns, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion, "... what? With who?!"

A moment of relief washes against her chest, realising that it wasn't true.

"Then why do you keep looking  at yourself like a teenager who'd just gotten her first kiss?" She nags.

Park Chaeyoung shyly smiles, "... actually, I used a new blush. Mr President said I looked pretty, so I wondered if it really made a difference." 

Kim Jisoo rolls her eyes. 

Was the girl really that oblivious? Clearly, it was because he thought she was pretty, not because of a change of blush.

"Chaeyoung, let me ask you," she questions her, "... have you ever considered dating him?" 

Kim Jisoo notices the shock on her face, almost as if she genuinely did not expect it.

"I've never really thought about it," she responds nonchalantly, raising her shoulders, "... of course, he's a good guy, but I want to focus on my career, it's only just started." 

Jisoo Kim wonders whether she'll end up hurting his heart.