012. highly doubt it.

Kim Seokjin is truly amazed. 

Although he knows that it's a harmless misunderstanding, Kim Seokjin is well aware of the fact that it could've been a nightmare. Jeon Jungkook's leadership was radical in many ways, but appeasing the conservatives was still necessary for his longevity in office, and news if something like a workplace affair would've been twisted into a crime. 

A week later, he's still scrolling through every news media, tagged tweet and social media account.

There wasn't a single trace. 

"It's kind of amazing, isn't it?" Jisoo Kim looks over her shoulder and sees him scrolling through his device, "... I couldn't believe it too." 

"Who is he, exactly?" He asks, still dumbfounded at the way someone could truly control the media (both traditional and old) in a snap of a finger, "... her ex-husband, do you know?" 

"Son of a chaebol, that's all I know," she admits, "... maybe we can ask Jungkook, I'm sure he's asked right?" 

In perfect timing, Jisoo Kim takes another sip from her coffee, looking up to see the two walking side by side with trays in their hands. Jeon Jungkook has the biggest smile on his face as Park Chaeyoung spots them, a cheerful gasp before she makes her way to their table. He follows her, taking a seat beside her, before looking at her for the first bite. 

Jisoo Kim feels a nudge from beside her, Kim Seokjin.

"Have you guys already eaten?" Park Chaeyoung innocent as ever asks as she points to her tray, "... Jun— Mr. President gave me his pannacotta so I have two."

Her expression is of pure joy, and even Jisoo Kim can't help but replicate it. 

But since when did he eat at the cafeteria? 

Kim Seokjin must've noticed too because he quickly quips, "... Chaeyoung, did you force him to eat here? He usually has something made in the kitchen to eat in his office." 

Jisoo Kim can't help but bite her smile, seeing the way Jeon Jungkook glares at him.

"It's not like that, Ms. Park was telling me about how good the cold noodles are, that's all... besides, I wanted to have lunch with you guys," he explains.

Jisoo Kim rolls her eyes.

Yeah right...

Park Chaeyoung seems oblivious though, with a smile on her face as she continues to make small talk with the group.

"Anyway," Kim Seokjin looks at his watch before getting out, "... I need to go back first, see you guys around?" 

Jisoo Kim watches as he gives her a look, before realising that he wanted her to follow. 

"Yeah, me too, I need to go toilet. See you already?" 

As the two walk out, he asks her.

"When do you think they'll start dating?" 

Jisoo Kim chuckles shaking her head, "... ask him, he needs to make the first move."

"We'll be waiting a while," Kim Seokjin comments.

"Have you considered the possibility though that perhaps, she doesn't like him?" Jisoo Kim wonders, remembering the earlier conversation where she claimed she hadn't really thought about dating and wanted to focus on her career.

"With the way they look at each other? I highly doubt it."

-

Park Chaeyoung is glad that she's able to rectify the mistake. 

In her mind, she had mentally prepared herself for the possibility that her past would come to haunt her, but she didn't think it would come so quickly. Not only that, but she'd thought about the idea of having to contact her ex-husband after over a year of no contact, and despite every mental rehearsal she'd had in her head for the last few months, nothing could prepare her for the real thing.

It had been a while, and yet, so many feelings came gushing in like a dam. She doesn't even know if the emotions were necessarily good or bad. 

Perhaps she should be thankful for how busy the Blue House is because if not, she'd find herself overthinking without a doubt. 

"Speaking of," Jeon Jungkook chimes in as they head back to the office, taking the stairs because they'd promised to make healthier choices, "... last night my father called, he asked me about you."

"Really?" Park Chaeyoung's attention is quickly focused on him.

She watches as he nods.

Park Chaeyoung admits he's quite handsome. It's no wonder that he was voted President of the people, surely his good looks would account for every vote from the female voting population.

"He said we should have dinner, our families I mean," he explained, "... though, I have a feeling it's that your father and mine wanting to have leverage on some policies, so maybe I do need you for backup." 

She giggles, "... so when should I be of service?"

"We were thinking this weekend? Would that work for you? They're coming in from Busan on a golfing trip, apparently," he explains.

"My father's golf isn't very good," she questions. 

"Again, an excuse to lobby for something," he quips.

She laughs, "... alright, let me know when. I'll be sure to fit it in."