::::::::::::::::::::18::::::::::::::::::

—thank you to all that voted and left comments—

Olivia was fast asleep and throughout the night Joel's eyes got heavy

Olivia was fast asleep and throughout the night Joel's eyes got heavy. Mixed with the whiskey he also fell asleep next to Olivia. Out of habit he wrapped his arm around her and held her tight. Her body heat, scent, and touch are all too comforting for him.

Ellie woke up early in the morning just past the midnight hour and a small smile crept on her face when she saw Olivia and Joel curled up together. She liked them together and liked the version of Joel when he was with Olivia. She caught moments of pure happiness.  She quietly got up and decided to take watch. She decided to give the adults that have been watching over her a break.

Joel gasped awake as the sun came up. He immediately let go of Olivia and looked around in shock as he sat up. Olivia still was sound asleep as Joel saw Ellie standing watch with his rifle and with a smirk on her face.

"You still mumble in your sleep. Anyway, don't worry. I was awake early. You were passed out and looked really comfortable with Olivia. So I took second watch" Ellie said, smirking.

"You gotta wake me up if that happens. You don't do things like this" Joel grumbled as he stood up.

"But I can...because I just did" Ellie smirked.

"I'm re-we're responsible for you, okay?" Joel snapped

"Then don't drink and pass out." Ellie quipped. Joel gave her a look.

"Look. I was quiet. I checked my six, I looked for tracks, I found the high ground. Like you taught me to. What can I say, man? I'm a natural." Ellie said confidently as Joel approached her.

"Uh-huh." He muttered sticking his hand out for the rifle. She handed it over and he nodded to her in gratitude.

"Wake me up next time" Joel said once more to her.

"Yes, sir" Ellie said with a smile.

Joel looked back at Olivia to see her stir awake.

The sun hit your eyes like a bright flashlight as your eyes opened. Your head was pounding and your mouth felt dry.

"Uh fuck. What the fuck. Why is it so bright out?" you mumbled clutching your head and closing your eyes shut.

"I told you not to drink so much" you heard Joel's deep voice say

You flipped him off making Ellie laugh.

You sat up and groaned as your head pounded.

Joel came over and crouched besides you with a silver canister of water.

"Drink up. We gotta get going" he said handing it to you.

You sighed but gratefully took the water and chugged it as Joel packed up everything.