:::::::::::::::::::19:::::::::::::::::::

Joel's demeanor had instantly changed upon reuniting with his brother

He suddenly was speaking and acting a bit more prim and proper.

It annoyed the shit out of you and Ellie. You both knew that's not how Joel was. He was showing off to his little brother.

Putting that aside you were thankful for Tommy and Maria's hospitality. The food they served was the best you had in years.

Ellie and Joel were scarfing down everything. You, while you enjoyed it, had to pace yourself. You still were not feeling quite back to normal and you didn't want to gorge yourself only to throw up again.

You sat in between Joel and Ellie. Tommy sat across from you while Maria sat adjacent to Tommy. You felt Tommy's eyes shift onto you, to Joel, and then back to you. When your eyes caught his he gave you a small smile. You looked over to Maria who also was watching you three and suddenly you felt self-conscious. As if you were a lab rat being studied.

"There's more food if you need it" Maria said.

"Thank you, ma'am" Joel responded so nicely.

You looked at Joel with a confused expression.

"Where the fuck was this southern charm for the past few months?" You scoffed at him, making Ellie chuckle.

Joel looked at you with a "don't you dare" look.

You rolled your eyes and took a long sip of water

"I'm sorry for Olivia's language. It's been awhile since we've all had a proper meal." Joel continued.

"Actually I don't think I've ever had a proper meal. This is fuckin' amazing" Ellie said making you smile at her cursing. You knew it bothered Joel.

Joel glared at Ellie the same way he did to you and apologized to Tommy and Maria for her language.

"Ellie, let's mind our manners " Joel said, making you choke on your water.

You coughed and cleared your throat. You could see Joel's neck turn slightly red. He was getting mad and embarrassed by you and Ellie.