::::23:::

By day 5 you guys reached I-25

"We'll, how 'bout that? Made it in 5 days" Joel said

"Easy days. I don't know what a Tommy was so afraid of" Ellie said

"There's still plenty of time to find out" you warned

20min later you three were in the middle of the campus. You guys found the biomedical sciences building that was labeled with the firefly symbol. You and Joel tied both horses to a tree and kept Ellie in between both of you.

Walking in, the building was empty. Empty of people. There were papers scattered everywhere and it looked like a lot of supplies were taken. The place looked barren.

"Something isn't right. I have a bad feeling" you muttered

"There were definitely doctors here." Ellie said as Joel looked in a Manila folder.

"It's a packing list" he said handing it to you.

"So they just left?" Ellie asked as you read through the list.

The sound of something crashing filed the air in the distance. You three looked up in that direction.

"Maybe not all of them" you whispered

Joel took the lead with his revolver in his hand. You stayed in the back as you three carefully made your way to the second floor.

You guys approached a door where the sound was coming from. Joel put his hand up and you gently held Ellie back as Joel opened the door and went in first.

It was just the lab monkeys that had escaped.

They ran out through the window as you three walked in.

"Well at least it ain't clickers" Joel muttered

"Yeah, no fireflies either. Maybe with all that research they turned themselves into Monkeys!" Ellie joked.

You saw a map on a board and walked to it and studied it.

Joel walked up behind you as you placed a finger where you guys currently were and dragged it to a pin that was placed in Salt Lake City, Utah.

"All the pins lead there. That's where they must have left to and by the looks of it we just missed them" you said turning to look at him.

"Maybe gettin' ahead of the weather? Maybe better facilities? I don't know" Joel muttered.

You were about to respond but you both heard voices.

Both your heads turned to the window and Ellie followed. Looking out you guys saw 4 men with various weapons.

Fuck.

"Joel. We have to go" you whispered, grabbing his upper arm to pull him.

"Out the back. Ellie, stay close" he said