::::::::28::::::::

The hospital was in view

The hospital was in view. You three walked through some deserted government medical rescue areas. Joel and Ellie were talking and you felt relief as Ellie seemed to be getting out of the rut she was in. You decided to give them space and walked a few yards ahead of them.

You needed the space. You knew you were going to get help about your situation when you reached the fireflies but now it was really happening. The truth was going to be determined soon and your heart was pounding. The anxiety was building. Part of you hoped that it wasn't the case. The idea that you were dying of something seemed better than being pregnant at the moment. You didn't know how Joel would react if he found out.

Your plan was to determine if you were pregnant. And if you were, you were going to wait till you guys got back to Jackson. From there you needed to figure out if you were going to stay and tell Joel or if you were going to leave and do it all on your own.

"Olivia, let's go" Ellie's voice called out. You were sitting on top of a broken keep when you looked over to see Joel and Olivia walking ahead.

You jogged up to catch up to them and Joel grabbed your hand to hold it as you three walked.

Ellie smiled watching the interaction.

"You know what I'm in the mood for?" Joel asked

"What?" You and Ellie asked simultaneously.

"Shitty puns" he said making you laugh as Ellie excitingly pulled out her Livingston pun book.

She cleared her throat.

"People  are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow" she said as Joel gave her a look.

"Too soon?" She asked

"Nah, it's topical" Joel said making Ellie laugh.

"Oh, I love this one! Moon rocks taste better than earth rocks. Why?" Ellie read

You shrugged.

"Because they're meteor" she laughed

"Oh that's terrible" Joel said