2.

George walked out onto stage. The crowds started going mental. He tried not to wince as bright lights shone into his eyes. All eyes were on him. He felt like he could barely breath in his outfit. He was wearing a tight black crop top and a tight red skirt with black boots. He pulled down his sunglasses as he heard someone screaming at him through his ear piece.

As the music started he mechanically started singing. Like usual he let the dancers pull him around the stage. He went on through the entire performance. There was always someone yelling instructions at him through his ear piece. But then it came to a bit where he struggled to sing mechanically. These songs were newer and he'd not sung them much. As he was singing, trying not to mess up, something caught his eye. Or rather someone. And he couldn't take his eyes away from them. George could only focus once they had disappeared and the show was over. He was walked backstage like usual and was taken to his dressing room.

"You did brilliantly and we almost doubled what we sold yesterday." Said Maddie. "But you had a bit of a moment out there."

"What?" Said George.

"You looked like you'd seen a ghost and then for ages you kept staring in one direction." Said Maddie.

"Sorry, sorry." Said George. "I got distracted. I thought I saw- doesn't matter."

"Well, the crowd didn't seem to notice." Said Maddie. "And now that's the end of these shows. We can finally pack everything away."

Maddie left and George started packing his bag. He grabbed his jacket and then was escorted out of the building and to his car. He felt so lost in his thoughts. When he went into his hotel room he dumped his bag on the bed. And then he went over to his suitcase which was already half packed. Out of a small pocket he grabbed a vape. He took off his jacket and placed it on the bed next to his bag before walking out onto the small balcony. He started vaping as he looked out at the city. The sun had set by now and the city was lit up in lights.

George had tried so many things to stop him from getting overwhelmed. Most things didn't work. But at least it was something. Doing nothing was worse. Well, it felt that way. George knew that he wasn't helping himself at all, but he was desperate for an escape. And it was the only time he could actually think. The rest of the time he was being dragged and pulled around, being forced to sign contracts and having no idea of what was happening. George sat on the balcony railing. The scented smoke surrounded him. 

But then George heard a noise from inside his room. He could hear the door being opened. But he honestly didn't care. If it was a family member or one of the many people who had control over him then they'd probably push him off the edge. And if it was anyone else then nothing worse could happen. He heard the door to the balcony opening and then coughing. George gasped when he saw them.

"I'm guessing that you're not here to say hello." Said George after a moment of staring.

The three shook their heads.

"Well, I wish I could leave here with you but I can't." Said George. "I'm not allowed to leave of my own accord and also they've probably already called the police. So bye, it was nice knowing you. And that sound of sirens is the police coming to arrest you."

"Look dude you're coming with us we need this fucking money." Said Nick.

"I'm not allowed to leave the building. What about that do you not understand?" Said George.

"Don't remember you being so rude." Said Clay.

"I've changed a lot since you last saw me." Said George.

"We need to go." Said Nick. "Just come with us and act like you're being forced."

"Sure." Said George. "But you won't make it very far."

George let the others drag him away. They could hear shouting below them and loud footsteps as they came to the fire escape which led out onto the roof.

"There's no way down." Said George. "The next building is lower down."

They all looked over the edge.

"I reckon that we could make the fall to that balcony." Said Nick, pointing down.

"Nope." Said George.

"I'll catch you." Said Clay. "It'll be fine."

Clay jumped down first. When he was alright George slipped off of the edge and landed in Clay's arms. Then Nick and Karl jumped down.

"Great. It's one of those crappy apartment buildings. We can just climb down the ladders." Said Nick.

So they all climbed down the ladders. But then they stopped when they could hear shouting above them.

"Shit." Said Clay. "They must've figured out where we went."

"We need to hurry." Said Karl.

They quickly continued climbing. But as they were near the bottom, George's shoe got stuck and he fell. He cried out in pain as he hit the floor.

"Oh shit." Said Clay. "You okay?"

"No." Said George, clutching his side.

"We've got to keep going." Said Nick.

"Just help me up." Said George. "I'll continue going."

Clay helped him up and he continued climbing down although he struggled.

"Ugh. The ladder doesn't reach the street." Said Nick. "We're gonna have to jump."

"I can't." Said George, still clutching his side.

"I'll just catch you again." Said Clay.

Karl and Nick jumped down first. Then Clay jumped down. George lowered himself to the edge and then dropped. Clay caught him and then put him down.

"Where on earth are we supposed to go?" Said Karl.

"We parked the car around here. Let's just go this way." Said Nick.

They all started running down the alleyway away from the road and towards the back streets. But soon George had to stop. He hunched over in pain. In the distance there was shouting.

"Guys, please... help." Gasped George, seconds before collapsing.

The other three quickly ran over to him.

"We have to keep going." Said Nick.

"I'll just carry him." Said Clay.

Clay quickly picked George up and they kept running. They ran until they found their way out of the maze of back streets and alleyways then they finally found their car.