26.

George lay in a hospital bed. He was breathing slowly. But then he opened his eyes as he heard someone walking up. Standing in front of him was the chief of police.

"Miracle that you're alive after that fall." Said the chief.

"Did you get the guys?" Said George slowly.

"Yes." Said the chief. "All of them arrested. Got the guy who sold you to that guy, but there's more, isn't there?"

"The mafia." Said George slowly. "They kidnapped us and sold me. They still have my friends."

"The mafia?" Repeated the chief.

"Yes." Said George.

But then he gasped for air. Quickly a nurse rushed over and carefully pulled an oxygen mask on. George closed his eyes and fell asleep.

---

No one had said anything for what felt like hours and no one had been to check on the group. But then above them there was loud shouting and footsteps. Then there were sounds of gunshots.

"What's going on?" Said Alex.

"I don't know." Said Wilbur.

"Something big is happening up there." Said Nick.

Then the loud noises can move down to their level.

"It's got to be help, right?" Said Karl.

"Let's hope." Said Nick.

"Maybe you were right, if George is alive and alive enough to tell anyone then it could be help." Said Clay.

The noises got a lot closer and then the door was burst open. Armed police officers came in. But as they saw the group they instantly lowered their weapons and then radioed through. Moments later someone who looked like they were in charge came through. It was the chief of police.

"You're all bloody lucky your friend survived." Said the chief. "Now let's get you all out of here."

Slowly the group got up, although with some trouble as Alex collapsed almost as soon as he stood up. Wilbur hugged him as he panicked.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. We're gonna get out of here and then you'll get help. I promise." Said Wilbur.

Wilbur picked him up as he stood up. The group were taken out of the building. As they were taken over to some police cars they saw various people being arrested. As the boss saw them he quickly broke free and tried to run over. Nick and Clay pushed him back and polices officers grabbed him again as he tried to get over to Alex.

They quickly went over to the police cars and were taken over to the station.