13.

A few hours later the story was starting to appear on the news.

"Guys, they're a problem." Shouted George from the living room where the TV was on.

"Oh shit." Said Clay as he and the others walked in.

"My parents are twisting the story." Said George. "Now they're saying I was kidnapped."

"That's bullshit." Said Nick.

They all stood there watching the TV as George's parents were interviewed.

"They don't want me back." Said George. "They want more fucking money."

"We should probably do something about this." Said Karl.

"The only thing that will convince people that my parents are wrong and that the original story is right is if I do something. But I can't. Then it gives them an excuse to find me and drag me back home." Said George.

"Is that a fucking charity fund?" Said Wilbur.

"Police searches?" Said Alex.

"Well that one definitely isn't true." Said George.

They continued watching for a while.

"But I guess we can't just do nothing." Said George. "Can I quickly use someone's phone?"

"Sure." Said Clay, handing George his phone.

George quickly called someone and then gave Clay back the phone when he was done.

"It's 6 now, could we make it to the city by 8?" Asked George.

"Yeah." Said Clay. "Why?"

"Because I'm going to go prove that they're lying." Said George.

"And what if it goes wrong?" Said Clay.

"That's more of a 'when' than an 'if'." Said George. "And when it does inevitably go wrong I get the fuck out of there."

"This plan is worse than the current one." Said Clay.

"The current plan has failed." Said George. "And considering the circumstances then there will be police there. So I'm sort of safe."

Not long later George and Clay were driving to the city. Nick, Karl, Wilbur and Alex had all left. The drive was just under a couple hours. When they got there George was ushered inside.

---

"We honestly just want George back home." Said George's mother. "We miss him terribly."

"Now don't cry dear." Said George's father.

"Such a heart breaking story." Said the host. "But, we've got someone here who would argue with that statement."

As George walked on his mother and fathers eyes widened. It felt like everything was in slow motion.

"Darling we missed you." Said his mother, walking towards him.

"Stay away from me." Said George, backing away. "I ran away for a reason."

"Well, we've still got two differing stories here." Said the host. "But George, would you like to explain. Afterall we can trust what you say, not necessarily what your parents say." 

"It's true. It's all true." Said George. "The moment they dragged me off to the city they made my life a living hell."

"You brat." Shouted his father, quickly rushing towards George and grabbing his wrist. "We gave you everything, all of this is from us."

"I never asked for any of this." Said George. "I was 14. I needed to be loved not abused."

George pulled away from his father. But then his father lunged towards him and grabbed him by the throat. He lifted George up and started choking him. Police officers rushed on and handcuffed George's parents before leading them away. George was dropped onto the floor. He had tears streaming down his face and the fear in his eyes was real.

"Oh my gosh." Said the host, helping George up from the ground. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Said George. "I should be used to this now but I never am."

"No. You shouldn't be used to your parents trying to kill you." Said the host. "You could've died."

"Honestly everyone looks at me like I'm mental when I say my parents want to kill me." Said George. "But that's just proof. I don't doubt that they'll try again."

"But they've been arrested." Said the host.

"And they have enough money to bribe the entire police force." Said George. "There's a reason why they've never been arrested before."

"You mean they've tried to kill you before?" Said the host.

"Yeah." Said George. "But there's tons more crimes they've committed. And they always pay off the police and then twist the story. Like I run away and they say that I've been kidnapped."

After talking for a while longer George left. The moment he left the building he was surrounded by reporters. He felt like he was blinded by the flashing cameras. He ran through them and jumped into Clay's car. George hugged Clay and then he kissed him on the cheek. Then Clay started the car and they drove off.

"They arrested my parents." Said George. 

"So you're free from them?" Said Clay.

"Not exactly." Said George. "I don't know if they're gonna go to prison yet and if they do they probably will at least try to break out."

"Don't worry. It'll all be okay." Said Clay.

George smiled and sat in his seat, facing Clay.

"Thanks." Said George.

"For what?" Asked Clay.

"For being here with me." Said George. Then he sighed. "I wish we could spend forever together."

"Well why don't we?" Said Clay.

"Are you sure you want to spend forever with me?" Said George. "I come along with a million problems."

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Said Clay.

"Really?" Said George.

"Yeah." Said Clay.

"I'd kiss you right now if you weren't driving." Said George.

The two both had a soft blush. But soon George fell asleep.